• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • ShamWOW for HB2 - An Enhance/Elemental/Resto + PVP/RaF Healbot by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Tama

Tama New Member

As far as I know this shouldn't be a ShamWow issue, but rather the bot. Please Bobby correct me if I am wrong.

2. Rinus4

Rinus4 Guest

Can this CC also be used with lazyraider in Dungeons and Raid? I noticed sometimes I will not cast and it often walks to target, with going into melee...

Kind regards.

3. Tama

Tama New Member

Of course you can. Although the CC does not control the movement of the characther (walking towards the target) I can reccomend you to visit the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions on top of this thread for a template and steps on providing a complete debug log file, wich will help to investigate in your issue.

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Smarter, Thanks for the post but unfortunately it's not enough information for me to work with. Enemy targeting is primarily handled by the Bot you are running and not the CC. There are exceptions, but the post lacks the info I would need to look into it for you. If it is an issue you would like researched please see the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE] for a template and details on posting a complete debug log. The two most important items of an issue post are the complete debug log file and the local computer time that you noticed the behavior (not the realm time or the time you believe it happened by reading the log file.) I'll keep an eye out for your repost. Thanks again and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    5. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

@Tama: Thanks for suggesting the ShamWOW FAQ. That is something that will always come up as new Shaman members subscribe to HonorBuddy.

@Rinus4: I wrote both and primarily used ShamWOW for testing LazyRaider so you should get good results (although as I make changes to either or new releases of HonorBuddy comeout there is the chance for errors to be introduced.) As for any unusual behavior you are seeing, the feedback you got from Tama is correct. The environment is too complex for it to be a good use of your time or mine to guess about what is happening. For me to assist you with a question, criticism, or complaint you will need to visit the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE] and use the template and steps on posting provided there. Also note that same document has explanations of many common questions including a section explaining use with LazyRaider. Thank you for taking the time to post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    6. Venger2005

Venger2005 New Member

Hi Bobby - have detailed my problem below. Look forward to your response.

HonorBuddy Mode: RaF

Shamans Location: Firelands

What should have happened (be specific): When engaging Ragnaros, the shaman (in elemental spec) should have dps'd as normal (as it had been doing on all mobs up to this point bar the 2 wurms on the bridge leading to to Ragnaros' chamber, where I had the same problem detailed below)

What did happen (be specific): When Ragnaros was engaged, the bot stood there and did nothing. I had to manually cast all spells on Ragnaros himself although the bot did engage when i switched targets to one of the other mobs that spawn during that encounter and behaved normally at these point but once switching back to Ragnaros it refused to engage again. I recalled previously we could add an entry to the config file to manually set the hitbox range so in the log below you will see I tried to do this first to 60, then to 120 and finally to 300 with no effect. As an aside to this problem, I'm also finding the range the ele shaman has to stand in to be a bit restrictive (as in the character has to be stood much closer than apparent spell range to be able to engage the bot in dps - not sure if this is related)

Computer time of problem (local time, not realm time): 11 pm

View attachment 11-11-2011_22_59 6832 Log.txt

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
    7. quel

quel Member

This happend to me last night when switching from resto to ele without restarting HB, restart did help though.

8. dirtdog

dirtdog New Member

Hello fellow Shamwow users :)
      I am abig fan of this Cc but have only used it on my alt resto...

My guild has now asked me to switch from my main holypala to the shaman, and now i wonder.

Have people had great succes with the cc in FL? And have u any tips on how to tweak the settings of tye Cc to make it work better in FL? Also would appreciate ANY pro tips on using this CC in raid in general :)

Big thanx to Bobby and also others that provide some helpfull tips for raiding rEsto with this CC:))
      Cheers / dirtdog

9. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Hey Dirtdog,

Most of the time I just use Auto. But if I am asked to heal one tank then I switch it to heal the focus only. On raggy I am also assigned to keep up the two tanks so I then switch it to Tanks Only. The best thing about ShamWoW is that it does not crash WoW when changing the options mid-fight :)

The only boss I do a manual heal for is Baleroc, now I think this is possible to heal with ShamWoW using focus only and a focus macro (for Shard DPS and Tank). But I have not yet got around to setting this up.

We raid 10 man FL btw.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
      Fish221171

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    10. MJAlfoudari

MJAlfoudari New Member

Why does it keep dropping 'Grounding Totem' while healing in instances? I have set it to 'Auto', would be nice if it could scan the classes in the group and determine whether to drop windfury/wrath depending on the majority of ranged/melee present. And only drop 'Grounding Totem' if there is a spell to be grounded.

11. udgrendel

udgrendel New Member

I love this CC. I love how fast it reacts, I love how accurate it is. I love how I can heal and heal, and get tells, "Pro-Heals". I don't get so tired after healing a few 5mans, I can do marathons of 5mans, and raids, and pvp. Did heroic firelands and it performs like a rock star.

bobby53 likes this.
    12. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Venger2005, Thank you for the detailed post and complete debug log file. Any time you are using LazyRaider, have a target, are in combat, and no spells are being cast it is always one of the following:

1. Out of range
      2. Area not meshed
      3. Character stunned / silenced / cc'd
      4. Out of Mana

In this case, the character was out of range:

At the closest point in the sample, the character was 58.5 yards away from Ragnaros. I noticed that in your configuration the HitBox for Ragnaros was increased to 120. That was a good attempt at resolving, however the HitBox setting is currently only used for melee attacks.

You can resolve by moving in closer until the character begins to cast. I'll add support for both the dynamic hitbox and HitBox config setting for all specs in the next release.

Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

13. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

MJAlfoudari, Auto in this case means automatically selecting the best totem based upon the spec and operating environment. That currently does not include an assessment of other buffs/totems available within your party. You can click the Class Config button while the Bot is running and adjusting the totems to specific ones you would like cast when your Shaman throws a Call of the Ancestors. Dropping a 'Grounding Totem' upon detecting a spell cast will be added in the next couple releases. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

14. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

udgrendel, Thanks for sharing your ShamWOW success! +rep Good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

15. dirtdog

dirtdog New Member

Heya mr Fish! Thank you for a good informative post :) ill try it out tomorrow for the first time in FL :)

16. twistoffate

twistoffate New Member

Hey Friendo,

Great Job ON CC

Just a though Thanks for your Amazing hard work!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    17. stianx93

stianx93 New Member

Hey! I have a problem starting the bot on my 85 elemental shaman. It initializes properly it seems, but when I push start with ShamWOW loaded, I get an error. "This profile does not contain any profiles fitting this character." I've read the problem is that the profile does not fit my chars level, but how do I change it? :)

Thanks! :D

18. imdasandman

imdasandman Active Member

look for inside the prfile that has 2 lines of code

they will look like
      minlevel: 1
      maxlevel: 74 <<<==== change whatever level is in that maxlevel line to 86, NOT 85 but 86...

you can edit the profiles in notepad/word/etc

19. Malice211

Malice211 Member

I just have to say Great CC! I was using one of the older versions up until last night (I forget to check in for updates sometimes). Anyhow, I downloaded the newest version and was running a raid last night and was just putting the other healer in the group to shame! I was putting out more than twice his HPS on every fight. Granted my gear is a bit better than his was but still it was impressive. I think almost every person in the raid wsped me to say "awsome heals man, can I aDd you to friends for other runs?". Keep up the great work!

bobby53 likes this.
    20. pschmidt

pschmidt New Member

is there any way to make this CC back peddle more often?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.