• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • ShamWOW for HB2 - An Enhance/Elemental/Resto + PVP/RaF Healbot by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. arenty

arenty New Member

changed to PVE_PullType: 'Fast' still spams lightning bolts and does Flame shock/lava burst at low health

2. floppydrive

floppydrive New Member

Confirmed it just spams Lightning Bolt in PVE fights/dungeons.

From EJ:

"The spell priority list, in order of importance from most to least:
      Fire DPS totem down (Searing, Fire Elemental)
      Flame Shock DoT on the target
      Lava Burst (whenever it's up)
      Earth Shock (7-9 charges of Lightning Shield)
      Lightning Bolt filler"

There is more, but a wall of text is not my intention. Thanks ! :D

3. arenty

arenty New Member

see it's not only me have that problem :)

4. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

@Hueyz, Thank you for the post and my apologies for your issues, however it does not match the result of my testing. I appreciate you not copy/pasting a wall of text as I am already intimately familiar with the EJ rotation. The spec specific EJ documents serve as the design guide for ShamWOW behavior in dungeons and raids which is why I reference and link to them in the download post and FAQ as a reference for users.

When posting about a problem or question with ShamWOW, please visit the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE] page. There you will find a template and instructions on what details are needed for me to research an issue on your behalf. For the type of issue you described, it is critical that you provide a local system time of the exact instant that you observe it not following the rotation. Not a range of time, not a qualitative expression of time such as "always", but a literal and precise time as in:

Code:
      Searing Totem expired and not replenished at 11:45:09
      Why is that type of detail needed? The issue did not occur in my testing, so you are providing information about a problem that I cannot see or recreate at the moment. Additionally, the log file will only contain information about what ShamWOW observed or decisions it made. It won't contain any information of things it missed or didn't see.

I will keep an eye out for any follow up post, but as it stands I am not encountering an issue with Elementals in a Raid/Instance following the EJ spell priority. Thanks and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

5. arenty

arenty New Member

*deleted*

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    6. arenty

arenty New Member

HonorBuddy Mode: Grind bot (elemental)

Shamans Location: Terokkar Forest

What should have happened (be specific): Pull with Flame Shock/1x Lightning Bolt > Lava Burst(if Flame Shock is up) / if target does not have Flame Shock up use Flame Shock>

What did happen (be specific): does too many Lightning bolts ignoring Flame shock/Lava burst most of the time.

Here are some time when the problems happend:

14:01 did Elemental Mastery > Lava Burst without Flame Shock.
      14:02 did 2x Lightning Bolt > does Flame Shock when mob is at 40%~ then Lava Burst.
      14:03 did Elemental Mastery > Lava Burst without Flame Shock.
      14:06 did only Lightning Bolts to kill a mob. while Flame Shock and Lava Burst had no cd.
      14:07 did 3x Lightning Bolts > Flame Shock at very low health (Flame Shock and Lava Burst CD was ready at this point)
      14:09 did 3x Lightning Bolts > Flame Shock at very low health (Flame Shock and Lava Burst CD was ready at this point)
      14:14 did 3x Lightning Bolts > Flame Shock at very low health (Flame Shock and Lava Burst CD was ready at this point)
      14:15 did 1x Lightning Bolt > Flame Shock > 1x Lightning Bolt > Lava burst when the mob was very low.

I could have posted more of this but did not feel necessary to do so.

Attached log: View attachment 36017

okay reposting again.

fyi change it to pull "fast" does not matter it's still the same problem with that.

Please help me with this problem would be very grateful if you did

7. floppydrive

floppydrive New Member

My apologies Bobby, I will run a heroic tonight and give you the log. Thanks !

8. rcadams

rcadams New Member

I will confirm this problem as well... And no arenty you aren't the only one with this problem...

9. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

rcadams, Thanks for the post, but there is some confusion it would seem warrants clearing up before proceeding. hueyz was posting regarding Lightning Bolt spam inside a raid/dungeon. arenty posted about grinding solo combat behaviors, which in ShamWOW are different. While both posts included the words Lightning Bolt and pertain to Elementals, there isn't any relevance of one to the other beyond that. So, at this point I am not sure if you confirming you are encountering arenty's issue or the one mentioned by hueyz. If you encounter the issue again and can attach a complete debug log along with the local system time you observed the issue I'll know not only which on you feel is impacting your botting experience, but resolve if for you as well. Thanks again for the post and I'll keep an eye out for any follow up from you that I can assist with. Thanks and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

PS I am still looking through the log you submitted on totems and healing. Have only been able to keep up with forum responses via phone at the moment. Should be following up with you this weekend.

10. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

rcadams, The issues encountered here should only be effecting the initial set of totems at the start of fight when playing as Resto. I mention that because there is restrictive logic in ShamWOW that tries to assess when the group combat position has stabilized to avoid multiple totem casts. So basically all of these things:
      o Tank in Combat
      o Tank not-moving
      o Tank within melee range of current target
      o Shaman within 25 yds of Tank
      o Shaman not-moving
      Once the totems have been set the first time for a fight, different logic is used regarding replenishment that it not as restrictive. You seem to be encountering a sequence of the restrictions although not in every case. It's a couple of these outliers which probably lent to some of the randomness you described which has me a little researching your log further. I'll remove the Shaman not-moving requirement mentioned since its the Tank that sets the group combat position (not the healer) and all we really care about are that the totems are set within range of him. I'll loosen up the 25 yd range requirement to 40 yds when movement is disabled as well. Ultimately since its manual assisted botting with LazyRaider, manually casting totems at the users discretion (once combat has started) will work well also.

Thanks for the well written post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    11. Mpzor

Mpzor Member

Tried searching in the thread, but I couldnt find anything as I got way too many hits :p So my question is, do you have an eta for when we will be able to choose an option for "Talent Group" and "Equip Set"? Or if we're already able to do so, how? Tried reading your FAQ aswell

12. HoneyBrew

HoneyBrew New Member

hey bobby

quick question... is there any way to stop this : when healing it sometimes interupts the spell/ stops casting it because the target has gone over the amount need to heal ect. just wonder if there was a way to make just continue casting even if target has gained health from another healer.. thnx PLS reply :)

heres what it says in HonorBuddy

*Healing Wave on Rogue.3870 at 7.5 yds at 90.9%
      /stopcasting - heal target reached 95.2%

13. HB7125K92

HB7125K92 New Member

Tanks for an awsome CC first of all:)

Question about Shield twisting. I am playing as resto shaman and has set the shield to always use mana shield, never lightning shield as you have explained possible. But sometimes in pvp i would like to use Earth shield on my self. Everytime i do this though it casts water shield again because of how i set up the CC.
      Anyway to get around this?

14. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

HB7125K92, I am not clear from your description which PVP environment and Bot you are using, but I am assuming since you mentioned wanting to apply it that its with LazyRaider in endgame PVP. If you want manual control of who gets Earth Shield and when, you should check the Disable Shields option and control application of all shields yourself. The reason is that the Shield Twisting is based upon Current Mana %, but in PVP the choice of an Earth Shield target is a decision where you try to balance the team members (yourself included) ability to withstand incoming damage compared to the amount being taken against your current mana %. This of course is for those doing endgame PVP only. Those doing fully automated PVP should be fine with the Water Shield/Earth Shield twisting that occurs.

My apologies if I misunderstood your question. Good luck with your Shaman,
      Bobby53

15. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Mpzor, Thank you for searching for that info. It has been addressed but would be difficult to locate because of each search term being an extremely common term.

o Talent Group - this is managed by the Bots that support talent switches. That setting was placed in the Config window when I was initially adding support for automated switches but InstanceBuddy was introduced and the support in ShamWOW conflicted with IB's, so I removed it.

o Equip Set - I recommend using the Outfitter Addon [CLICK HERE] downloaded from curse.com . I provides automated equipping based upon spec, combat environment, and many other settings that give you more flexibility than was planned for this feature in ShamWOW.

My apologies for those items being visible still. I had removed from the PVP earlier but apparently missed removing in the other tabs. They'll be removed next release

Thanks for the post,
      -Bobby53

16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

AfricanGAYmer, That will often times result in overhealing. If that is not a big concern, you can set the Healing Wave % on the Group Healing tab to 99%. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

17. HB7125K92

HB7125K92 New Member

Your assumption is perfectly correct, i use LazyRaider, and both in BG's and Arena. Reason why i asked is that i just havent found an option that lets me disable shields. I have most likely overlooked it somewhere. Does Anyone know how to Disable shields?

I see shield twisting under the "general" tab, but nowhere to disable shields.

18. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

No worries. It's in the Shield Twisting section (graphic below...)
      where-is-disable-shields.png

19. HB7125K92

HB7125K92 New Member

I was using ShamWow v4.3.15. I though that was the newest one. Got the new version and i have the option now. Thank you:)

20. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hello Bobby! I wanted to ask you about RAID setup... The thing is: when I use your custom class for 5-man heroics, it works great. It never wipes, it even heals the DPS players... Now, in raids, it's a completely different story. With the default behavior it is always the worse healer... (last in recount). I tried the other behaviors, "Raid Healing" and "Healing Rain Spec". (I changed my spec to 7/2/32). But id doesn't spam HR or CH... So, I end up at the bottom of the list again... Perhaps my configuration is wrong... I want it to spam HR and CH, even though the players don't need them... Since it has Telluric Currents, it can spam LB when HR is on cooldown... I mean, this is the way I play it, and i never run OOM... It there a way to make the bot behave this way? I have recently been asked to join a very good raid group, and to be honest, i'm not a very good healer myself... I need to setup the bot to behave the way I want... Can you help me? Just tell me the options and the values i need to change.
      Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.