• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • ShamWOW for HB2 - An Enhance/Elemental/Resto + PVP/RaF Healbot by Bobby53

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bobby53, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. canopener00

canopener00 New Member

How well will this work for healing DS using Lazy Raider with decent gemmed/enchanted gear(no PVP gear).

2. pepsiwarrior

pepsiwarrior Member

Hi, Thanks for the previous reply, I'd like to know how I;

A - Change the cc so while in instances/raid finder it wont need/greed (mainly greed) on items.

B - Add spells to the "do not dispell these" Section - And with this is there anywhere decent for finding the spell names and spell codes?

Thankyou once again for this brilliant CC!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    3. amputations

amputations Active Member

Try it out and you'll see :) I've heard good feedback on it.

4. Oliosis

Oliosis New Member

I have run DS on my resto shaman 2 times so far at ilvl 380, never went oom, and was number 2 in healing out of 6 healers, just need to tweak with some of the raid heal settings ( I had heal pets turned off for one, since that is a waste of mana in my opinion )

5. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Crazy-Al, Thanks for the post, but the symptom described does not match the results of my testing and there isn't enough information to look into this. Please see the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE] for steps on posts pertaining to behavior or problems you would like me to research. Most likely you are using an unsupported BotBase that does not support identifying the Tank. When using ShamWOW in Raiding, Heroics, and Arena you'll want to use LazyRaider. There are other options available and you are free to use any of them, but for ShamWOW I only provide support for use with LazyRaider presently. FAQ #11 in the linked document above describes setup in these environments. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

6. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

canopener00, Works well. Give it a try in LFR and let us know your results. Thanks to amputations and Natfoth for adding their experiences and suggesting the same. Good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    7. Natfoth

Natfoth Community Developer

My shaman heals awesome in LFR, I didnt have very much gear and it did great. Also does awesome in dungeonbuddy.

8. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

ShamWOW is a Custom Class (which handles Shaman specific combat and healing only.) Loot rolls are something that apply to all classes and are handled by the AutoEquip plug-in. Click the HonorBuddy Plugins button, select AutoEquip2 in the list then click the Configuration button. Scroll down to the Loot Rolling category and you will see the Roll on Loot setting. Set to False and you will disable all loot rolls for that character. (Note: you could just disable the AutoEquip plug-in, but that may require a restart of HB to take effect -- that was an old bug with AutoEquip that I'm not sure if it was fixed with AutoEquip2.)

Adding spells to the Do Not Dispell These section is done by modifying the CustomClasses\Config\ShamWOW.config XML file. There is a CleanseBlacklist section which contains the Debuffs that pertain the list you described. Spell names and Ids can be looked up in wowhead (spell name is obvious, spell id is the number specified in the URL..) If you install the ShamWOW.config that is packaged in the .ZIP you should not have to add any. Let me know what spells you are interested in and I'll look at adding to the ShamWOW.config file distributed with ShamWOW.

Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    9. Soeski

Soeski Member

Just to let you know Bobby, that bug is still there. Even using Lazyraider (all plugins disabled? Nope, AutoEquip isn't!) and restarting HB, AutoEquip2 was still turned on. I cursed for a moment doing instances again, trying to fix this while keeping everyone alive. After pressing "Recompile All" and restarting HB, it was finally disabled. I don't know why this plugin causes so much trouble to disable every time. :(

10. Soeski

Soeski Member

Bobby, a question. ShamWow automatically detects a spec, but sometimes ShamWoW+Lazyraider are too intelligent. :)
      Last night I healed an instance (Resto of course), but a DPS priest changed spec to Holy to take over healing. So, I stopped HB, respecced as Enhancement, started HB and ShamWoW again. And... I was still healing!
      What happened: Shamwow did not detect a healer in the party (as the healer was still designated DPS) so it made the Shaman, despite the Enhancement spec, the main healer and started casting healing spells. I could not get it to dps.
      Is there a way to choose which role you want to play, and not let it auto detect? Sometimes you just don't want it to heal...

11. pepsiwarrior

pepsiwarrior Member

Hi bobby thanks again for the swift reply, the spell i'm looking to add to the list is unstable affliction, as when you dispell this you will be hit for around 21ishK and then you will be silenced, this (PvP speaking) is something i need to add.

Also, the config uses the pvp trinket or any trinket for that matter, is there anyway to stop this? if so will i find that in the confg? thanks

12. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Thanks for passing along Soeski. That is a bug in AutoEquip2 so it will continue to be an issue regardless of which Bot or CC combo you use.

13. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Soeski, When reporting an issue please be sure to provide the complete debug logfile as described in the ShamWOW Frequently Asked Questions [CLICK HERE]. ShamWOW is only concerned with your spec and your Role in the group, so what the Priest was doing didn't matter. Since your role was Healer, then it would continue to heal regardless of what spec you choose. The best way to handle the situation you described is to correctly update your Role in WOW to reflect what you will be doing in the group. For cases where you simply cannot do that, go to the Class Config, RAF/Instances, and change Combat Style to Combat Only. I don't advise this since if you forget to change the setting before the next time you heal, you will only cast DPS spells and your group will die wondering why the Resto Shaman was only casting Lightning Bolts and healing nobody. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

14. hbaioni

hbaioni New Member

Hey Bobby!
      My guild is about to start DS Heroic. (Yeah, i know, it's kinda late, but we're not a raiding guild). I am (or better said, ShamWoW is) the best healer in my raid group. And, i would like it to remain so... But this morning, when I read about the mechanics in heroic mode, i freaked out... There are specific behaviors for healers in a great number of fights... For Example in heroic mode Yor'sahj spawns four oozes instead of three, and this means that sometimes I (as a healer) will have to deal with deep corruption... Thus, I will not be able to spam AOE heals... Or Morchok, where you mave to make sure the tank and soak are at full health for all the stomps... (prioritizing them over the other players).
      I mean, heroic mode is very different from normal mode, where you're fine just spamming AOE healing...
      The big question here is: Is the CC able to deal with DS heroic mechanics? Have you code all those mechanics inside the CC?

15. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

pepsiwarrior, That spell (and others important to ignore in PVP) are already in the ShamWOW.config distributed in the .zip. When installing ShamWOW, be sure to extract all contents (which includes both the CONFIG and SHAMWOW folders.) This file is a global config file that has settings which apply to all characters. You shouldn't need to update it beyond being sure to copy the new version when you install/upgrade ShamWOW.

As for PVP options, go to Class Config / PVP. There you'll see the items that are configurable for ShamWOW in PVP.(battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, arena.)

Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    16. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

hbaioni, It's only too late to start content at the point Blizz removes it. ShamWOW does not contain any fight specific mechanics. You should be okay as others have healed Heroic DS with ShamWOW for quite some time. For now the best way to handle is to set a Pause key sequence in LazyRaider. When a unique mechanic warrants temporarily disabling the default ShamWOW behavior, press the Pause key and take over manually. Once that portion of the fight is over press the Pause key again to continue. Thanks for the post and good luck with your Shaman, Bobby53

17. Thumped

Thumped New Member

My Guild uses me to 2 heal DS with my Shams...ShamWow + Lazyraider + SettheLeader = Sham loving for everyone

18. fishhero80

fishhero80 New Member

Hey, Theres a lot of talk about resto shamans that I can notice, cant really go thru all 442 pages of comments. What I was wondering about, if theres any chance for speeding up the CC for elemental? Im using Lazyraider 2.0.3 together with this CC (latest 4.5.2.1) for my Elemental Shaman and i do about 25k dps on dummy. When I do my spell priority manually (which is the same as in the CC) I do 32k+ on the same target. What I noticed is that it has a delay before starting to cast a new spell instead of spamming the next spell prior to the spell in progress has been cast. This really lowers the DPS. So is there something I should change within the CC to make it speed up?

The resto part works really good though! So keep up the good work :) // Fishy

19. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Fishy, An upcoming release of both LazyRaider and ShamWOW should close that gap. Not sure when it will be released however as presently I only have time to check forum and answer questions. Thanks for the post, Bobby53

20. Natfoth

Natfoth Community Developer

Would be cool to see more updates. I always love reading the changelogs on them.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.