• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Speculation on recent bans / banned (Another man's treasure)

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by pbateman112, Jan 26, 2013.

1. jossa90

jossa90 Member

Getting your dailies done, is also one thing that the bot is rather good for ;)
      But then again. i'm trying to quit botting :p I've started enjoying to play the game by hand again ^^
      I guess, what drove me to botting was the "want" factor. I wanted to have more gold and so on.
      But I've realised, that there are too many of us :/ And when there are too many.. it starts to mess up the game tbh.

The only two things I have a problem with, when it comes to botters are those who do it in a battleground,(atleast until the scripts/bot base is better) and those who fucks up the AH.

I botted, because I was lazy too tho :p(kinda obvious due to the dailie part)

anyways, I think that the "increased" ban rate. is due to an increased amount of people botting.
      Thus making people more aware of it.
      Some people might start to bot.
      and some people might get even more on edge, and reporting people.

And when people don't use self made profiles, when they farm...

2. Demise

Demise New Member

I disagree with this entirely. That used to be their position in the past. Massive ban waves. Think about it from a financial aspect:

- If Blizzard does massive ban waves, there will be tons of loss revenue because most of the botters of multiple accounts will be slower to get back into action due to a KNOWN detection.
      - If they instead choose tiny mini waves of said detection, the bot makers think they are invincible, and everyone says "bot smart" etc so the influx of cash is still relatively high.

3. botorific

botorific New Member

Is this something that botters in general accept as a proper deterant to getting banned?

Prior to botting I did use several accounts by hand on my main machine. So I do have the various WTF folders for all my different accounts on my main machine - but they were all used by hand. I have only ever botted one specific account on this machine. The folders remain.

I only started botting last year - I believe my VM's are configured as Maria recommends and thus only have the individual account folders.

Worth double checking I guess.