• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • The Future of Gold Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by ryante, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

It's not really that old and is a rather relevant and interesting discussion if I'm completely honest.
      Gameusd.com are doing insane prices on EU right now, you can buy gold for as little as $1.4/k on some realms, no wonder it's so low haha.

2. Laso49

Laso49 New Member

That is surprising.. 1.4/k

3. zim79

zim79 New Member

If I had any gold left in stock I would dump it fast as hell while it's till worth something. Gold is a lot easier to obtain in Cataclysm, and prices will drop drastically.

4. lostsk8r

lostsk8r New Member

I just got 1.8k two days ago on my server, a whole .2 drop, I'm sure they would have done 2.0 if they asked, they quoted me 1.8 one time and I said 2.0, wasnt a hassle. I did have that gold4key site tell me 1.2.. was like naww

5. tier

tier New Member

Meh. The reason gold is so low is because there isn't a demand due to the lack of new content. When cata comes out prices will likely go up.

6. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

You have a good point on the demand side of things, the resellers that have gave me an answer on why it's so low is basically due to demand.
      However when sites like gameusd.com are offering mental prices of $1.4/k to buy gold off them I can't see the price raising this month IMO.
      They're probably selling it that low due to low demand aswell, I'm really looking forward to cata now, this will be interesting, will be make or break on the reselling scene.

7. ryante

ryante New Member

Prices will definitely go up for awhile. But they will drop back down, possibly after a few months.

Most everyone has most everything in the game right now. When it comes to exploring new content, raising professions, buying the next cool mount, or buying their way through their GS or WoW-Heroes, the demand will increase. This will make gold prices rise.

8. Lt.Leon

Lt.Leon New Member

Wow, all you saying it has dropped to .4$/k to 1.4$/k, my buyers have never gone below $1.8-$2.0 :p

9. Coffee

Coffee New Member

keep in mind it's different depending on your server/faction/region, and if you are selling to a reseller vs player.

Anyway, EU prices slowly decreasing while US ones are sitting still.

10. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

I use your site to watch my realm prices, it is an excellent site, well done :)
      Pretty hilarious and at the same time sad, to check your site everyday and watch one realm I have a lot of gold on ready to sell go from $2.8/k to $1.5/k in 2 weeks on gameusd.com

11. Kickazz006

Kickazz006 Well-Known Member Moderator

its day.month.year

why did you not notice?

and guys, just stockpile until cata releases, then gold will be back up for a good long time

12. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Just a quick update, now 1$/k to BUY gold on multiple EU realms, would it be wise to buy gold for this price and resell after cata is released?

13. Kickazz006

Wait until cata. I know its burning a hole in your pocket, but your going to be kicking yourself extremely hard come cata if you sell now

14. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

I am I am, there's no way in hell I am selling at like $0.2/k, do you really believe that it will raise? how quick after it's release? Christmas is coming up soon and I need the extra money for a few presents.

15. Deathsenemy

Deathsenemy New Member

Wont matter, you might see a 50% spike, but the market is so saturated, Gold will never be hard to get for cheap. With the past few banwaves, I havent seen a spike in gold prices, which, usually was the case. So, its out there in abundence.

16. Coffee

Coffee New Member

damn... lot of EU server prices really low lol

17. Kickazz006

I know its going to spike when cata comes out, especially when ppl start raiding. It may not be 10$/k, but its going to be at least $6.

Watch :)

18. mrclean719

mrclean719 New Member

Well i have been taking my chances and selling some of my gold now just in case gold goes to crap in cata and i have been receiving a pretty good price from my buyer (not mentioning name of place i sell to) but i have been getting anywhere from 1.7- 2.4/k which is pretty good considering the prices I have seen other places! Also gatherbuddy is making me some pretty good gold right now seeing how herbs are REALLY REALLY in demand right now for some odd reason but hey who am I to complain. Also eternal life is selling like crazy!

19. Coffee

Coffee New Member

Players that come back for cataclysm with lacking gold/gear/supplies and players that start playing heavily again, will definitely increase the demand in WoW Gold, but the supply regulates the price also.

20. goodmorning

goodmorning New Member

As far as I know, gold's going to be even easier to make in Cata. Just look at the new gold cap - they're raising it to 1M for a reason.

Price is gonna go up for a few weeks, then plummet even lower than it is now.