• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • The Future of Gold Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by ryante, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ZoOoOoM

ZoOoOoM Community Developer

In cataclysm the gold will be easier to make than it is now, plus there are so many people doing like kick advices and are stockpiling gold.

Besides, i don't understand why people are stocking gold..
      Stocking gold for selling purposes is a bad thing.
      You risk losing the gold if you got banned and you won't be able to sell it all at once anyway (considering you probably have 200+k).
      And if you managed to sell the whole lot at once, there is a good chance you'd lose your farmer(s).
      Yes, the demand will increase, but you're not the only supplier with a big stock =)

But, if you deal with private clients, then by all means, stock up!

2. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

If that happens, time for a new game :p

3. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

The reason I'm stocking gold is because there is no chance in hell I am selling my gold for $0.3/k, it's just... madness, just no way lol.

4. ZoOoOoM

I don't know where you're getting that price, but you need to look around more often =p
      I sold about 150k across multiple realms at 1.7$ per k on EU.
      Besides, i can't stop anyway, funding 8 accounts while not making money is tough xD

5. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Is that recently? last 3 days?

You do realise Gameusd/bank of wow is offering at most $1.6k on majority of english speaking euro realms right? (very rarely I have seen $2.2-6/k)
      All my realms are at $1.0-1.1/k to buy right now, if you can sell for more than what the chinese resell for then you're extremely lucky or just have a better realm, which is a complete lottery if I'm honest, every single one goes up and down in the market.

6. ZoOoOoM

Idk, last time i've sold was 5 days ago.

7. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Possibly why, keep an eye on mmoshift, I check multiple times everyday. $2.8-$3.1/k to $1/k in 2 weeks, and the last 4-5 days have been the worst in price drops, it's sickening to see such price drops :p
      gameusd.com dropped their price LOADS and everyone followed suit, now the price is so low, you do have the odd realm that's high in price though, but even those are going down and are a rarity right now.

8. ZoOoOoM

I blame gameusd for all this tbh.
      It's been dropping ever since they started slashing the prices in half >_>

9. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Yeah you're right, I can't believe they dropped it so low and everyone else had no choice but to drop aswell, making the market already worse than it was.
      Nail in the coffin I guess.. and seeing it's practically the biggest gold selling company out there who directly contact so many chinese farmers to sell everyone gold and cut out the middle man we're pretty fucked.

10. sparks

sparks Active Member

I was looking on bankofwow and their prices have gone up over 20% in the last week.

11. Banditt

Banditt New Member

I think (hope) that we're coming into another good era for selling gold, since I'm new and have yet to make my fortunes (lol) off it...

Throwing my prediction for Cata into the ring here:

1. Demand will go up, a lot probably, as current players buy gold and *lots* of former players return to the game.

2. Supply will go up, a lot probably, as more new people are selling, and old sellers dump their stockpiles.

3. Gold prices won't change that much, since both supply and demand are increasing.

4. Here's the smile... our *production capacity* will increase massively. If you're producing 1k/hour now, you will be producing 3k/hour with your 85.

Something like that anyway. Just don't forget that an 85 farming should make a hell of a lot more than an 80 farming, something I'm not seeing accounted for much in this thread.

- B

12. goodmorning

goodmorning New Member

You make a good point - if anything good happens to gold prices it's going to be this.

13. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Gameusd is still driving them down from what I see, have at most only seen a $0.6 increase that has actually gone back down on most realms, they're offering $1.0/k to beat gameusd right now on quite a few EU realms.

Still, a lot of that is based off hope, you're new and think you can make an absolute fortune off this game and you're never gonna work again ect, you're in newbie dream land, we've all been there, trust me mate It isn't that easy, especially right now.
      I hope you're right though!

14. Banditt

Banditt New Member

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm trying to keep a balance between staying optimistic and realistic. At the end of the day, I'm enjoying this experience so far even if I don't make any cash.

I'm curious, is anyone actually going to play the RL market? i.e. buy low now in the hopes of selling higher later? Seems like now would be the time, if ever, to try this, but of course it's risky...

15. rhomb

rhomb New Member

well I can't complain.. i just don't sell at prices below 1 euro so its ~ 1.4$
      If i need the money (because of whatever) I go to around 1.2$ but thats rare.

I had the luck to find a private buyer on one server willing to buy 20k every other week, and another one buying 50k as soon its ready, price is around 1.6 EUR which is ~2.1$

on the other servers (i bot on 7 EU Servers) I sell of a little on ebay, rest to resellers / people found on forums.
      Like i said mostly around 1.4$.
      Also you can't imagine how many people IM you if you post in boards selling for low prices (most of them want arount 2.8-3.2$ I offer 1.6 s they're likeyly to buy from me)

So long
      rhomb

16. reddewman

reddewman New Member

Wish I was able to make a wtb post but think it would get deleted fast and attract some bad attention. I'd like to find a steady buyer to buy from and offer either game time or even a competive price only to keep the business flow good. If your on any us realms send me a message and maybe we can talk business.

17. Ratz241

Ratz241 Member

Not allowed I'm afraid, this will only get you banned.

I saw a good point in another thread on this forum, is that in cata, gold is so easy to get so it would be best to sell now, but that's kinda hard seeing as the price is so bad lol. Thoughts?

18. ryante

ryante New Member

It has been awhile since this thread has had any comments but this is an interesting development less than a day before Cata's release. Gold companies are already starting to raise prices.

[​IMG]

Are they doing it because they know prices will go up? Or are people buying in anticipation of the prices going up, thus, increasing demand and prices?

I dont know for sure, but I like that big vertical line and I hope it continues.

19. goodmorning

goodmorning New Member

A rise of 40c isn't a huge increase.. but noteworthy nonetheless. I'm hopeful.

20. blizzisu

blizzisu New Member

I sold for USD $ 1.8 / k yesterday. That is much higher than I have been offered on the past two weeks.