• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • The One CC - by Fpsware

Discussion in 'Archives' started by fpsware, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

You have a problem registering on a website in order to download my CCs and get support?

Best of luck, you're not going to find them elsewhere.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    2. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

Yes, I do have a problem with that considering that the only thing you gain by publishing elsewhere is more control on user input (admin stuff, generally).

Secondly, I honestly believe that a move like this will alienate a large percentage of your userbase. I know that I won't be the only one who doesn't like the idea of signing up to third party forums for specific information that could be just as readily available here.

If you wanted user control - which I have seen you talk about - then fine, just don't make the downloads for registered users only and then everyone is happy.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work you've done - past and present, but I honestly can't justify jumping through hoops to use the code.

3. Kramxel

Kramxel New Member

to be honest, i'd looking forward to it, rather not read 60 pages of QQ

4. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

It's down for me too..

5. fpsware

I've just this second, tested it with 6 people in 4 different countries and everyone is able to connect.

6. Jon310

Jon310 Member

Ive tried two different browsers, and I get a 404 every time.

[edit] To clarify this was working for me this morning. When I went back to it to download an update to the cc's it gave me a 404.

Attached Files:

• 404.jpg
        404.jpg
        File size:
        831 KB
        Views:
    7. iggi66

iggi66 New Member

Same here..

liquidskies.net redirects me to liquidskies.net/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi
      now.

8. wired420

wired420 Banned

Windows Key + R, or Start -> Run, or On 7/Vista in the box at bottom of start menu type

Code:
      ipconfig /flushdns
      I moved the website to a Cloud Computing Server. Server is infinitely expandable without interruption of service. Your ISP has cached your dns records. This will clear them. Then visit the website and hit Control F5. This will clear the cache in your browser for that page.

Most ISP's that still cache dns records only cache them for 24 hours. It will fix itself within 24 hours but that command should fix it immediately.

9. Puffz

Puffz New Member

Notice how as soon as you move to a third party site, people start experiencing troubles connecting TO that site and getting the download? Probably not the best of decisions to have made.

10. fpsware

Its been less than 24 hours, of cause there are going to be teething problems. Its not like the HB fourms has been perfect since the second they went live.

If you don't like it, then don't use it!

11. likwid818

likwid818 Member

awesome move Fps, i commend you for keeping your word. see ya on the other site!

12. wired420

wired420 Banned

Actually he was warned well in advance that there might be a short period of downtime as I worked on something. I moved the website from a single 1U Rack server with Dual core processor and 2GB ram (My personal toy for testing stuff), to a Dual Quad Core 2.8ghz Xeon with 8GB ram in a Cloud. Which means if this server ever gets so busy that I need RAM added. I don't have to take the server down to add it. It can almost instantly be transferred to a larger server added to the cloud before taking the old one down. This step was taken to ensure NO foreseeable downtime in the future. This site has had less than 24 hours of work done to it and was started by request. So before you speak of such issues you should know more of the story.

13. panYama

panYama Community Developer

site is connectable not a problem, besides that, good choice I can definatly see where your choice has come from as I've encountered somewhat the same over and over.

I support you for 100% either on external or internal it remains your own choice so all I can do is support it and give you proper feedback!
      I'll reg somewhere tomorrow and see how the cc's are working out;)

14. fpsware

This message goes out to all those people who don't want to browse an external forum in order to use my CCs and request support...

TOUGH LUCK!

If you don't want to use / browse another forum to download my CCs there are plenty of alternatives available, I suggest you get used to them. I am not a paid employee of Honorbuddy, I don't make any money from this - infact, it costs me money to continue development and support. Its quite simple really, if you to use my CCs you will need to visit:

http://www.liquidskies.net/forum.php?varname=Fpsware

15. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

Hmm, I wonder where Honorbuddy staff stand on using the forums as advertisement...

On the plus side, I've figured out a way to continue using your software and not having to worry about sharing personal information - I used fake information.

16. fpsware

"advertisement"?, its advertising my CC nothing further. Its not like I'm advertising an unrelated product or service. Its not like I'm trying to sell anything.

I don't care what information you use, I don't care what name you want to call yourself. The other forums simply give me the control of my threads I've been asking for.

17. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

How can you quote advertisement in disbelief, and then two words later claim that you are in fact advertising?

Also, last time I checked there's a PayPal donation link in your sig.

18. fpsware

Take a look at other CC / Plugin developer's signatures, they are all advertising their work. What I'm doing is no different, with the exception of being located "off-site"

Providing a link for people who want to donoate is completely different from ASKING for people to PAY.

Do you think its your right to use my CCs? People use my CCs because I allow them to, I don't have to release my work, I don't have to give it to anyone.

19. zorgonatis

zorgonatis Member

Well clearly you were unhappy here, enough so that you chose to move your work... I just hope whoever is responsible doesn't force other devs off-site, cause it won't take long and the general userbase won't have a friggin' clue what's going on.

20. wired420

wired420 Banned

1) I don't care about your personal information.
      2) If I wanted it. I could already get it on my own.
      3) I don't care if you register with a fake address.

By the way you've acted you've already proven your just acting like this to get some attention and try to stir things up because you don't like something thats happening. So why don't you just move on, quit complaining, and quit trying to brag like you did something amazing by registering with fake information on a site that doesn't even check your email since we don't sell anything. If I really cared about that I could just mass email the users and ban everyone who returns undeliverable. As it is ip's connected are trashed every data base backup which is twice a day. As well as the web server and router logs.

There. PM'd you your address, want your ip and phone number too? Your mail server is insecure. You can view its logs from outside it. Notice I didn't out your personal information in public even with the way your acting? I host servers for a living. I couldn't make a living if I was going around giving out peoples information or using it for illegal purposes.

Almost no one has the ability to remain anonymous on the net. Its human nature to want to know each other which brings this to a down fall.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.