• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • The servers being not usable the last few weeks / months statement

Discussion in 'Archives' started by bossland, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. puppychow

puppychow New Member

It would be nice if Bossland would release an offline version, that doesn't auth and has the full mesh folder local. Yeah, it means people are going to share with friends and shit but at this point your rep is in tatters so the only way to build it back up is release a version that is stable and working, which means not depending on completely unpredictable Bossland servers for meshes and auth. Its gotta be frustrating for the devs, since they probably have local versions that work fine but nobody else can see it.

2. Veight

Veight Member

... Reputation in tatters? There's this thing called a new expansion. This happens each time. Get over it. The server issues isn't their fault either. THey are working their hardest.

3. projektt

projektt Active Member

GG that statement of "IF EVER" is pretty much them saying this bot is done for. There's not enough developers and too many problems. It's probably because too many people have life time and now they aren't making that much money so they are giving up. Time to find a new bot

4. Phenotype

Phenotype Member

Bossland, I do not think this is good to hear directly from you towards any of your customers, new and old...

It is basically saying that quitting to update and fix the bot/servers is a possibility. And while I do understand all things come to an end, I dont think this was the correct way to say it, giving the time we are going through.

Having problems in the law courts over the bot, fighting it and losing is still honourable and nothing to be ashamed of... but quitting to fix a problem that is basically due to high user usage/log in is a bit disheartening to hear.

What would new customers think?

I sincerely hope that you guys are able to fix the bot as it was the best bot for WoW and that whatever server issues you have can be resolved with a hardware upgrade (if it is that easy) or that the devs come up with a solution for the high load.

All the best, but please do not give up on YOUR product and do not give up on the people who pay your bills, us the customers.

We like your product and we are concerned about it's future, so before handing the towel please give your best shot.

Thanks.

5. lphomiej

lphomiej Member

lol wtf? They'd never do that. Why should they?

I think the road after Pandaria has been BUMPY, but not terrible. I made my own BG Profiles and now have 4 toons in full dreadful. I have used Gatherbuddy to get ore/herbs, processed them with Professionbuddy and made nearly 1/2 a million gold without botting 24/7. I've made my own Gui-Lao Cache Key farming profile and I've got 6 Skyshards and nearly exalted rep with Golden Lotus without doing many dailies. I've leveled 3 toons from 85-89 with Questing Bot (finished them off with BGBot). Leveled a toon from 15-90, 1-75 and another from 1-47. Auto Angler... made around 200k selling fish and food. It's been an excellent productive xpac for me. I'm pretty damn happy.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    6. chaoz181

chaoz181 New Member

guess what, if i look back, i made 150k in one week. its not about the money i loose or the botts i cant use, its all together. i bought it because it was a good bot, with less mistakes and problems. but now it seems with one fixed problem 2 new comes with it. so whats in it? i never said a word before. i know such things take time, and bossland also kick and all those guys told us to be patient till ???. but now? after tonight? im just pissed. and if i read somethign like: noone will work on it at the weekend. mhh, means we're not worth it. i dont do such a project if i 1. dont have time for it and 2. dont have opportunities which are needed. and 3. not to talk about the moeny from all of us

7. Aspirist

Aspirist New Member

Or you know, not needing to auth and validate my key every 5min, like very other licensed software. But that would make too much fucking sense so it will never happen.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    8. BlackPrapor

BlackPrapor New Member

These two sentences don't add up. Guy has the skills and time, and you're like, oh he didn't send me a CV. Seriously? :confused:

9. Macaulay

Macaulay New Member

Will it ever be fixed!?!?

10. bossland

bossland Administrator

Or i could give you access to the servers, and you fix the issues...

some things are not worth to be discussed, but it seems they still are.

11. dayo121

dayo121 New Member

they know they aree going to lose the case to blizzard, therefore they dont really care anymore and will just coast by to the finishline when they get closed down. just like pirox, the bot is done,

12. dumptruck

dumptruck New Member

Bossland,

Please don't give up just because of some stupid DDOS attacks!!! Look for a dev experienced with DDOS defense and software DRM protection etc. to fix things. Until then please try to mitigate the damage somehow by ordering more bandwidth and/or block the attackers addresses.

I love you.

13. Tharprun

Tharprun New Member

What i don't get is, that you choose to provide a service, and then you don't have the staff to keep it up and running?You should give people their money back, if you can't get this problem fixed.Your statement about, you might never get the problem fixed is just down right unprofessional.And regardless of how many "we're truly sorry" posts you make, you'd still have earned a fair share of moeny, for a product people can't use no more.Good game, is all i have to say, good game!

14. starl1te

starl1te New Member

DAMN, that was unexpected. refreshing bit of honesty there. bossland drunk maybe?

Anyhow. right this moment, you are charging 30 and 60 euros etc for a "product". many MANY thousands and thousands of customers have taken that money out of their wallets and given it to you. we are not talking about improving, adding features, or making this product better with more effort and developers - THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK, and you are saying that you WILL NOT be bothered hire more devs to make it work, you will not be bothered to not take off a 3-day weekend while your company's main product line DOES NOT WORK. You WILL, however, continue to advertise and sell and accept money for this product... that you yourself just said you don't know IF IT WILL EVER WORK.

i wrote a couple days ago I wish you guys just had the balls to post a sticky that shit don't work and we don't give a shit, and boy oh boy, did you deliver :)
      Now lets see if you have the balls to put this message on your sales page, not buried in the forums.

I do feel bad for any new suckers paying you, people aren't going to be able to get a clear picture of the disaster going on here before wasting their money.

15. rage111

rage111 New Member

the bot cant be off-line then it can be *****ed and so on so anyone can use it

i think the mesh should be off-line where you just dl a pack with all the files, that will take a big lode off the server

16. chaoz181

chaoz181 New Member

keep it offline till you fixed it all

17. Dexter9400

Dexter9400 New Member

relax ppl go out enjoy the outdoors :)

18. Cukie

Cukie Active Member

^^^^^THIS X100000^^^^^^

IDC if it is 2 gigs worth of data, this would solve TONS of problems with my problems, and HB's alike.

19. wizardslayer

wizardslayer Member

Why not put the mesh as a download and only require auth every so often? Make the mesh a version control, if local is out of date, prompt for a download.

Those of us that use the bot for more of combat / raid than gathering wouldn't really even need a local mesh for any reason.

20. ericader

ericader New Member

"until if ever we come with an reliable solution" I like that, put that on your front page for people BEFORE THEY BUY THE BOT.

I don't mind issues, but telling your customers you basically lied to them and don't care... well you won't care until the money freezes, but is that *really* what you're striving for? =-/

You guys are better than this. Just talk about the load balancer upgrade eta on monday my god

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.