• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Tripwire activated. Shutting down Honorbuddy

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by elostorm, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. OrcD3vil

OrcD3vil New Member

I just find it weird the Dev's say they took extra time to make sure warden wasn't a problem and a day or two after release we have multiple people with logs saying that it was tripped but they won't say anything besides its fine. If its fine than the logs are giving a false positive? Sorry but your giving no information besides "Keep botting your all good" but we have logs that you ask for everytime saying otherwise.. Please explain.

2. wild19

wild19 New Member

This makes no difference since if you take the time to check task manager it will still say honorbuddy under the description, unless you really take the time to change it even further changing the .exe name has no benefit at all.

3. Cocaine

Cocaine Banned

I'm leveling herbalism and mining, nothing funny so far, but we'll see. Renaming the executable makes no difference, this has been stated by Apoc as well as other developers. You only agreed to what is listed in the ToS and EULA, not desert storm snipers can zoom in on you through your window and blow your brains out the second you hit start in Honorbuddy.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    4. zbikksmash

zbikksmash Banned

I for one would like to know why dev. hasn't said anything about all the logs proving there are issues. I was one of those that got hit by tripwire 2 different times and I posted a log but never heard a thing about what it means or if they will look into it so im still alittle worried that I will end up one of those poor soles that lost there accounts.

5. macVsog

macVsog New Member

If you use the free program called "Resource hacker" by Angus Johnson you can change the version information to read anything you want which registers properly in the taskmanager, but you still have the MD5 Blizz can check. Just open Honorbuddy.exe in Resource hacker and in the left hand window pane drop down the Version Info, Drop 1 down and click on the 0. In the right pane you can change the info to anything you want. Recommend using the exact same information from another programs .exe like Firefox or any legitimate applications) Version info. When all the change have been completed, click File and Save. Then click the compile button and click File and Save once more and you're done.

I have been using the renaming bit for a long time and never had any problems with crashes or anything. With the last two WoW patches and HB updates, if I rename the Honorbuddy.exe to something else then both WoW and HB crash at the same time with no WoW error log. If I rename it back to Honorbuddy.exe I never get a crash anymore.

6. xio8up

xio8up New Member

Tripwire detected from a guy whos join date is 06.14.13 lols i call bs

7. silkshade

silkshade New Member

You don't need to register on the forums, thats completely voluntary. Maybe he found something significant and wanted to share it with the rest of us? Several people have reported Tripwire activation, and the staff that have replied in this thread are not calling it BS.

As a side note, I have been using HB for way longer than I have had an active account on here.

8. shiftdead

shiftdead Member

FYI Dev did reply!

9. Kowpye

Kowpye Member

hey guys - any word from the devs on this tripwire deal? not running until i hear something

10. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

didja read the thread? cause there were many posts addressing this

11. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

we had this discussion some time ago, and infact their EULA/ToS are invalid hence german law - they do NOT have the right to scan anything in my RAM thats not directly "world of warcraft".
      (if they had put "we now own your life" in the EULA/ToS and you've accepted it... see?)

I'm serious about this. :)

The problem is, Blizzard would never admit "we scanned your complete ram and found HB running." - they always just send out pointless, no-reason-messages.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    12. Flababa

Flababa New Member

[05:50:16.584 N] [Gatherbuddy2]: Harvested Ghost Iron Deposit.
      [05:50:16.981 D] Activity: Moving to next hotspot
      [05:50:17.093 D] [CGSpellBook::CastSpell] Override ID: 32245, KnownIndex: -1
      [05:50:17.093 N] Mounting: Green Wind Rider
      [05:50:33.326 N] Tripwire activated. Shutting down Honorbuddy

Within the last 30 mins. Scary.

13. PWT

PWT New Member

I just had 3 accounts shut down at once, all show the same message in the log. One was running an AH bot, other two were farming.

[05:50:47.076 N] Tripwire activated. Shutting down Honorbuddy

14. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

odd, i've received plenty of emails where blizz admits scanning my processes and finding third party software running.

but i live in 'Merica where electronic freedom is a myth.

15. acko2013

acko2013 New Member

16. princess1012

princess1012 New Member

How will you know how they caught you? You will just get the standard "Licence Suspended" mail irrespective of how they managed to catch you botting.

17. princess1012

princess1012 New Member

Now that clearly means the tripwire protection isn't working as intended then, right?

Edit - Oops, looks like I misread the post. I thought you had 3 accounts shutdown at once by blizz, meaning 3 accounts banned.

18. cg1203im

cg1203im New Member

wrong. there is no german law forbidding blizzard to scan anything. thats a wide spread myth. fact is: there is no law. i had this discussion with bossland himself in the german forum.
      bossland refers to a law "against secret infiltration" of your system. by accepting the eula, blizzards "infiltration" is not secret anymore.
      one person started this nonsense about it is against the law. 1000 people followed his words. now everybody believes it. it is just wrong. nobody, nowhere, no law forbids blizzard the scans.
      i tell you now: sheeps can fly! if enough people spread my words, that sheeps can fly,... will sheeps be able to fly than?

19. bambam922

bambam922 Well-Known Member Moderator

It is working as intended.
      There may be false alarms, then there may be the real deal.

Better safe than sorry.

20. T@rget

T@rget Active Member

You seem awfully uninformed.

In the past some hacks/bots had random process names (fd4kcxSXj.exe, something else every time) but it has no affect whatsoever. It would be a major privacy concern if Blizzard even COULD watch your running processes.

The only way for Blizzard to detect HonorBuddy is to catch it meddling with the WoW process. They have your permission to scan within the WoW process's memory range for intrusions. HonorBuddy has to interact with WoW's memory (Read unit positions, health bars, combat logs all the stuff needed to function properly) and has to do this without Warden noticing it. The tripwire is to my knowledge in place to shut down HB when Warden seems to be onto HB within the WoW process.

I'm no dev but this is simply common sense, you give Blizzard the right to monitor their own process, so when HB meddles with it they can potentially figure this out.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.