• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • TuanHA Death Knight- The Ultimate Experience

Discussion in 'Archives' started by tuanha, Dec 24, 2012.

1. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

@TuanHA --
      Is Unholy DPS based on gear? I'm just wondering because my Frost spec does way more DPS than my Unholy spec, and they're using the same gear. Ilvl 450 with a 450 2H weapon. I'm not DW with frost because ultimately I want to use Blood/Unholy for PvE, so I just use the same gear for Frost/Unholy, and a tank set for Blood.

Edit: I ask because my Unholy DPS is very low. I get roughly, on average, about 22k DPS as Unholy and more than double that with Frost.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    2. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

There is a bug that UH didn't spread diseases on dummy that the reason it did less than half frost dps.

It already fixed with new svn update through.

If you didn't get the same dps on UH as Frost on newest svn, please let me know with log :D

3. zeldrak

@TuanHA --
      Oh, I wasn't testing on dummies. I was using it in dungeons and while questing and doing dailies. I know I don't have a very high ilvl (it's 450) so I don't expect my dps to be very high. I was just wondering how much unholy dps depended on gear. My weapon (monk, rogue, hunter, and others' dps is pretty dependent on weapon ilvl) is ilvl 430-450 (can't remember how high it is, though it is a quest green so I'm thinking 437 ilvl 2H mace) and I noticed that Frost was doing more dps than Unholy.

I'll SVN update and try again in a bit, once I'm finished running my arch bot. If it's still not working very well I'll post back with a log. Although, I think I may just quest in blood spec since unholy isn't keeping itself very well healed with death strike (seems like it's a low priority, regardless of settings).

4. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

For leveling, I suggest you use Glyph of Dark Succor and talent Conversion... don't rely on Death Strike, on 5.2 it nerfed and do heal as much as it used to be.

5. zeldrak

I guess I could change my Unholy talents and glyphs for my questing needs. You see, right now my DK is level 90. I didn't quest to level 90 though. I mainly did archaeology, mining, and some random dungeons. I did a few quests here and there while waiting for queues to pop. That's why I have no gear. I'm stuck with doing regular dungeons until I can get my gear up to heroic level.

I decided to do the quests I skipped since they would give me gold and gear to get into heroics. It's also good for the lorekeeper achievement. Right now I had glyphs and talents for running dungeons, which don't really help with questing. Thanks for the advice though.

6. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

Conversion is currently the best talent for PvP/PvE now. It use so little runic power and do an amazing heal

[​IMG]

This is my last arena game (28 min long lol)

The other team have a very good MistWeaver Monk, he have Arena Master title but we won anyway.

As you can see, I did a little more damage than that DK in UH Spec but the healing really make sense. I did 11.55M healing (nearly as much as my Paladin partner) and that 10 time more than the other DK, he did only 1.09M healing. (he used Death Pack instead of Conversion)

Try to set Conversion/Death Pact/Siphon Heal Myself When My HP Below to 90, start healing early and Questing/PvPing is just a breeze.

7. zeldrak

I'll give that a shot in a little while. Thanks for the info!

8. Fassst

Fassst New Member

conversion is amazing in PvP and great for questing. would still take death pact for raiding because conversion active will hinder runic power generation and therefore your dps. Just sayin.

9. asiner

asiner New Member

Amazing CR in BG's however. When I do arenas with it, it does absolutely nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

10. projektt

projektt Active Member

What settings did you have on your Unholy DK?

11. asiner

asiner New Member

I click PvP mode?

12. Haggy223

Haggy223 New Member

The normal edition doesn't work in Arena and RBG.
      That's a special feature of the donor edition.

Haggy

13. Bloodyfinale

Bloodyfinale New Member

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at TuanHA_DK.Classname.<GetUnitPetGnawEnemyLowHP>b__3c5(WoWPlayer unit) in c:\Users\Thilo\simcraft\Honorbuddy neu2\Routines\TuanHADKSpecialEdition\THCommon.cs:line 4539
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClassf`1.<CombinePredicates>b__e(TSource x)
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClassf`1.<CombinePredicates>b__e(TSource x)
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
      at TuanHA_DK.Classname.GetUnitPetGnawEnemyLowHP() in c:\Users\Thilo\simcraft\Honorbuddy neu2\Routines\TuanHADKSpecialEdition\THCommon.cs:line 4535
      at TuanHA_DK.Classname.PetStunEnemyHPVoid() in c:\Users\Thilo\simcraft\Honorbuddy neu2\Routines\TuanHADKSpecialEdition\THCommon.cs:line 4629
      at TuanHA_DK.Classname.Pulse() in c:\Users\Thilo\simcraft\Honorbuddy neu2\Routines\TuanHADKSpecialEdition\THCombat.cs:line 316
      at Styx.Pulsator.Pulse(PulseFlags flags)
      at Styx.CommonBot.TreeRoot.()
      at Styx.CommonBot.TreeRoot.()

14. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

Don't worry about a few red error text Bloodyfinale

In your specific case, it mean the target of your pet that about to Gnaw die/disconnected/zone out...

15. projektt

projektt Active Member

How can I donate so I can use this in Arenas?

16. Reflex11

Reflex11 New Member

Kinda pissed all my feedback was deleted...

17. Reflex11

Reflex11 New Member

Anyways - the disease/dot spread is great in Arena, as well as cc/interrupt/defensive cd/pet. It's all amazing. All I notice is that it's neglecting some rune use on basic rotation: camping 1 unholy rune instead of using it for a scourge strike for instance. I think some of it may be due to no framelock? Or its trying to do too much (for instance, it should prioritize strikes over casting outbreak on a ranged).

Best I can do to improve the dps is force it to damn near always use 'burst mode'. I may try Tyraels or something and see if that improves performance. I literally don't know how to improve its arena play aside for getting it to do more basic rotation stuff (once I start doing strikes basically as they are available during arena manually the disease spread is the same by the pressure on my target is much higher. -this is speaking from grinding 100 arena games yesterday.)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    18. worklifebalance

worklifebalance New Member

Here is some stuff you can copy and paste when you start working on THDebuff.cs. I started converting stuff into HashSets.

#7492769 - Pastie

Perhaps people can help by creating comma separated lists of the rest of the THDebuff.cs and save Tuanha some time in formating. It's a big file and got bored and stopped at DebuffDisarm. I suspect you will need to review and tweak update/tweak some of this when you paste it into your project. I did not have a solution setup for your DK routine so I am not getting all the intellisense.

Maybe someone would help by converting HS_BuffHealName into IDs with //commented spell names.

19. Reflex11

Reflex11 New Member

I believe there could also be a very powerful Dark Sim logic too - a separate list of spells to dark sim and use logic. I can work on that tomorrow.

20. rogurogu

rogurogu New Member

I just tried some arenagames as an Unholy-DK with a Healdruid...
      DKs are just way too strong lol.
      We easily got 4 wins in a row. Even though we only faced players with very low rating (1200-1550), I was quite suprised as I only have an average itemlvl of 469 :D
      I was always the one who dealt the most damage - by far.