• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • TuanHA Monk - The Ultimate Experience

Discussion in 'Archives' started by tuanha, Oct 14, 2012.

1. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

Thank mosuri for the support, you will be event more busy once 5.2 come out, please get ready xD

@ zeldrak: I'm coding the Monk Light Weight rotation (same concept as paladin) but the problem is Blizzard nerf Monk healing so hard that no matter what I do, the healing can't beat paladin... So I have to keep tweaking MistWeaver rotation.

2. miestaruler

miestaruler New Member

Hi

Is there no more special edition monk. i cant get mine to work ?

TY m8

3. samstag

samstag Member

/push

4. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

Can you please send me an email, I'll sure reply with your login info and download.

5. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

New svn update for Monk:
      Introduce Light Weight rotation design for MistWeaver, auto activate in Dungeon/Raid. Heal reaction should be faster.
      Introduce Light Weight rotation design for WindWalker, auto activate in Raid. Rotation should be faster => give more dps.
      Improve GUI Load and Save settings.
      Fix Bug and Improve speed.

Please do SVN Update, test new revision and let me know.

Thank you.

6. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Yeah, I immediately noticed how badly Blizzard nerfed monk healing after the patch landed. I tried healing with my monk and thought something was wrong because my numbers were nowhere near what they were pre-patch. I know it's not your fault, and I know you're working hard. I was just wondering how it's going and all. Keep up the good work Tuan. You have my support.

7. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Not sure if you have seen this Blue post about Fistweaving, looks like 5.2 is going to help that. I love Fistweaving much better to get in the thick of the aciton :)

Monk
      - We have made several Mistweaver changes to make Fistweaving more viable. As with Discipline, our goal isn't to make a hybrid healer / damage-dealer (at the same time), but to have a different healing style that can contribute some additional DPS. There are several changes here, but overall we increased damage and decreased Eminence healing to compensate for the damage increase. Overall, both damage and healing should go up relative to live. By linking the damage boost of Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick to Jab, we're asking for some short-term commitment to Fistweaving and not just mixing in parts of Fistweaving with more traditional Mistweaving.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=45#884

8. samstag

samstag Member

You have got a PM

9. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

I've send email to you.

I've also send pm but you set it do "do not receive any pm" or something.

Anyway, I hope the email reached you already.

10. mosuri

mosuri New Member

it will all depend on how good blizzard can mix the damage increase in relation to the eminence healing decrease. if they fail, one of both will suck hard ;D

11. samstag

samstag Member

Hello!

I got the email with the Link, but the folder is empty

I sent you a PM once again.

12. mosuri

mosuri New Member

FistWeaver Test by mosuri (11.02.2013).xml - updated for current LightWeight. give feedback pls! :)

if you have tons of mana -> increase Renewing Mist slightly

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    13. alagondar47

alagondar47 New Member

Yeah, I'm aware of the reason that you have more teas with fistweaving, that's one of the reasons I dropped some spirit in favor of crit, I knew that the extra teas would make up for it. I'm just pointing out that if mana tea is glyphed, it's supposed to be used on cooldown if you're sub 90% mana. Being at 10 stacks when you're on low mana is all well and good, but it doesn't help that much if you can only use 2 every 10 seconds. Glyphed that makes it take 50 seconds to use those 10 stacks, as opposed to 10 seconds of channeling. Holding onto the stacks of tea in favor of healing spells until low mana makes sense if you're unglyphed and have moments in the fight to stop and channel, but the way it treats teas now isn't how it's meant to be treated with the glyph.

If it's too big of a deal to edit the CR to use different logic for mana tea based on whether it's glyphed or not, that's fine, I'll just continue to do it manually, but it's just a thought...if mana tea is glyphed, it's meant to be used on cooldown if you have the stacks, unless it would bring you over 100% mana.

14. mosuri

mosuri New Member

it's a good advice, i'm currently sorting out the details on that feature with tuanha, stay tuned

Update svn:

CR now checks if Mana Tea Glyph is used.
      If Mana Tea Glyph is used: the CR will now use 2 Mana Tea Stacks on CD if Player mana is below 90%.

fyi: It still can be that you get a bunch of Mana Tea stacks and dropping a bit lower on mana without any tea is used for a short time. That's something that is hard to "fix". we would need to set mana tea higher in priority of rotation, but for doing this we could lack the usage of a "more important" healing spell in some tricky situations. But for now the current method should work fine.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    15. alagondar47

alagondar47 New Member

You people are amazing.

This happens even if you're using teas manually, especially with a high crit chance and a bunch of extra teas in a row. That's the game's RNG and there's really nothing you can do about it, using the teas manually last night there were still times when tea had to wait on a heal. As long as the CR is looking to use a tea at high mana with the glyph, it should be fine.

16. holydiscord

holydiscord New Member

Mosuri,
      by the way been using your firstweave and i am liking it a lot. Can you tell me if you use Tiger palm and if you let it stack up? I didn't see the bot doing that. I use the glyph of surging mist. This way I dont need to get off the boss to heal the lowest person. As you know, building up stacks give you an instant heals or one that cast super fast for no mana. Is that something you would use?

17. fish221171

fish221171 Member

Guys,

Just done a few LFR's to test this out. The only thing I noticed is that it's not keep up the Serpents Zeal buff from 2 x blackout kick, it seems to get dropped then takes a little time to apply it again. I had over 80% mana and raid seemed to be topped up ok.

Can you advise if this is correct? Other than that tho this is working very nice.

Thanks

18. tuanha

tuanha Well-Known Member

Let me move BoK a bit higher in priority then.

19. Turkar

Turkar Member

Jesus i'm so in love with that new lightweight thingy ;) good job on that, you deserve any donation u got ;)

20. mosuri

mosuri New Member

@holydiscord

yeah the current version i use the tiger palm stack keep up but without vital mist stack because i did a few different tests on new bok feature.
      Will re-enable it when im home.

@fish

like tuanha said this can be an priority reason.
      We let the cr renew bok if 10sec of stack are left if no chi for healing is needed. But i think with tuanha change it should work better now