• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [Warlock CC] skiWarlock 4.0 - ALL TREES -

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ski, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Alright, so I've familiarized myself with all the new rotations and talents over the weekend. Next up I'll spend a few days going over the existing code, stripping out parts (spells and talents) that no longer exist in game, storyboarding out how the new CC should be setup, the finally coding and test. I apologize for the fact that its going to take a while but its a lot to do :p

2. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

thanks ski. let me know if you need help testing. i've modded the default warlock cc to use the destro rotation, but my cc sucks in comparison.

3. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Will do. Thanks

4. ShinobiAoshi

ShinobiAoshi Member

If at all possible Ski, could you write the code to be "compatible" with Instancebuddy? The 4.0.3 version worked pretty well in instances, but of course there's always room for improvement. After doing some reading it seems that IB completely takes over targeting, so you can add a check like if player is in an instance and a party, disable any targeting that the CC does, though I'm not quite sure how that works myself. Also I've found that for Demonology warlocks, Hellfire is amazing to use in instances, great DPS and seems like it would be easy for a CC to handle since you can move while channeling it.

Thought I would just give a few ideas. I'm so happy to hear you'll be continuing development of this CC. Keep up the amazing work.

5. divastarz

divastarz New Member

Love your work, thank you so much.

6. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

Do you still want me to spell out the updated Affliction spell list and specific logic call outs? Like using Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption if there are more then 3 adds, etc.

7. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

There is a specific call that ski could make (basically checking if you are in an instance using the IB bot) as a check on whether or not he needs to keep doing certain things that IB handles native. But he has to make sure to code it in such a way that things still work fine in instances without IB.

8. ski

ski Well-Known Member

I may take a look at this once the CC is fully updated for non-ib use. Remind me then :p

9. ski

ski Well-Known Member

You may as well, to see if it jives with what I have.

Affli:
      * Corruption
      * Haunt
      * Unstable Affliction
      * Bane of Agony
      * Shadow Embrace (IE: Shadow bolt if its not at 3 stacks)
      * Drain Soul (Target HP less than 25%)
      * Shadow Bolt or Drain Life

Demo:
      * Metamorphosis
      * Immolate
      * Hand of Gul'dan
      * Bane of Doom
      * Corruption
      * Immolation Aura
      * Shadowflame
      * Incinerate (If molten core is up)
      * Soul Burn -> Soul Fire
      * Soul Fire (If Decimation is up)
      * Shadow Bolt

Destro:
      * Improved Soul Fire (If target is above 80%, make sure this buff is up)
      * Immolate
      * Conflagrate
      * Bane of Doom
      * Shadowflame
      * Corruption
      * Chaos Bolt
      * Soul Burn -> Soul Fire
      * Soul Fire (If Empowered Imp has procced)
      * Incinerate

10. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

Looks nearly perfect,

Personally I'd like an option to use Curse of Elements as the pull. Also an option to use either Bane of Doom or Bane of Agony. Also, if your target is casting put up Nether Ward. (lowers damage taken by 30%, destruction only). Drain soul is still a good finisher, as it restores shards if the target dies (and can give xp / honor) for all specs, perhaps optional. Can't think of anything else.

Otherwise Destro looks perfect.

11. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

I would actually change the Affliction start to be:

* Corruption
      * Unstable Affliction
      * Bane of Agony
      * Haunt
      * Shadow Embrace (IE: Shadow bolt if its not at 3 stacks)
      * Drain Soul (Target HP less than 25%)
      * Shadow Bolt or Drain Life
      * Lifetap when needed, etc, etc...

While doing Haunt earlier is nice to get the heal that it throws back at you a bit earlier in the fight, it is better used to do damage AND refresh corruption later in the spell stack once you have the rest of the DoT's applied.

The default pet of a Dotlock should be the Succubus at this point if people configure it as "Default".

Does HB allow you to check if something is a boss? If so, there are some logic call-outs that I'll do below. Below are all more advanced concepts that should be built into the Bot, but shouldn't be considered 100% needed to be useful. Just having the spell queue work will allow for most of the Affliction Lock's DPS to work.

Some logic bits:

1) The bot should never clip any of the DoTs unless you want to actually track ticks, especially with how Bane of Agony scales its damage. Corruption will probably never drop in a fight due to all the secondaries that refresh it, but refreshing UA and BoA should be the top priority. If it is a non-boss under 25% it should be just channeling Drain Soul even if they drop. If it is a boss even if it is under 25% it should refresh all dots just to be safe as that 25% could be a significant amount of health (so it should interrupt Drain Soul unless it is under like 5% to recast dots on a boss then restart Drain Soul).

2) Haunt should be refreshed whenever it drops after the DoTs are checked. Just like with the DoTs it isn't enough of a priority to stop Drain Soul on a non-boss, but it should certainly interrupt Drain Soul (unless under 5%) on a boss to recast Haunt.

3) Drain Life should be used before Shadow Bolt in all cases in the rotation when Shadow Embrace is at 3 stacks and the player's health isn't below the threshold. If it *is* below the set health threshold then Drain Life should be used no matter what to help keep the player alive.

4) Soul Swap should be used if the Player has the Glyph of Soul Swap used. This can be set by a toggle in the config (if you don't want to try and detect it automagically). With Glyph of Soul Swap, Soul Swap should be used in all situations where there are two or three targets in a fight.

5) In fights with four or more targets Seed of Corruption should be used. If the player has the Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption then they should always start with that at the beginning of an add fight (meaning once the bot realizes there are four targets and switches over to use SoC it should blow a SB:SoC on its next cast). Now the tricky part is figuring out when to cast it again as a Soul Burn while it's chain casting SoC normally. With a normal Corruption lasting 18 seconds without anything refreshing it and the fact that Dotlocks really don't have much else to use Soul Shards on, I'd recommend burning through them all in this situation if it lasts that long. So basically every 18 seconds when there are four or more adds on the bot's aggro list still it should cast a Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption. We're looking at close to a minute at that point and I doubt any non-boss >4 add fights would last that long.

6) One thing that should be different then thedrunk's logic is that when he was using SoC it would burn down all of the 'Lock's mana until out and then lifetap enough to keep casting SoC. It would continue to do this even when the adds were below 4. I would recommend having it swap back to "single target mode" once the number of adds has dropped back down below 4 so that way the bot can heal up, mana up, etc, as with the normal loop (or switch to using Soul Swap when the Glyph is used when there are 2-3 targets).

That's it assuming all of the other trigger variables that thedrunk added/modified still exist.

12. Bigpete347

Bigpete347 New Member

problem

When I add the SkiWarlock CC folder to my CC directory and start up hb, I get this:

File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1585 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1591 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1598 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1604 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1610 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1616 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1622 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1634 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1640 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1646 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1652 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1652 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1652 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1658 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1658 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1664 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1664 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1670 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1676 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1692 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1700 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1708 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1716 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1724 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1735 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1743 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1752 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1760 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1772 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1780 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1794 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1801 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1803 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'ChanneledCasting' and no extension method 'ChanneledCasting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1810 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'ChanneledCasting' and no extension method 'ChanneledCasting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1816 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'ChanneledCasting' and no extension method 'ChanneledCasting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1827 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'ChanneledCasting' and no extension method 'ChanneledCasting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1857 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1874 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1883 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1892 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1901 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1909 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1917 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1925 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1935 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1945 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1951 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1960 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1971 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1979 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1987 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 1995 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2003 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2008 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2013 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2018 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2023 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2028 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2033 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2038 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2043 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2048 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2054 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2057 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2061 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2064 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2071 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2074 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2089 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'GetBuffs' and no extension method 'GetBuffs' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2092 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2096 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2099 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2199 Error: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.Generic.HashSet<uint>.Contains(uint)' has some invalid arguments
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2199 Error: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWFaction' to 'uint'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2205 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' does not contain a definition for 'Tagged' and no extension method 'Tagged' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.WoWUnit' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2611 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'GlobalCooldown'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2611 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'Casting' and no extension method 'Casting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2611 Error: 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' does not contain a definition for 'ChanneledCasting' and no extension method 'ChanneledCasting' accepting a first argument of type 'Styx.WoWInternals.WoWObjects.LocalPlayer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2779 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2874 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'KnownSpells'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2874 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'CanCastSpell'
      File: skiWarlock.cs Line: 2874 Error: 'Styx.Logic.Combat.SpellManager' does not contain a definition for 'KnownSpells'

Could not find a routine fitting for your class. Please make sure you have a proper combat class routine in your folder, and restart Honorbuddy.
      Current CC does not have any configuration

13. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

try reading the thread a bit. that will explain your problem. as in, the cc isn't updated. as in it doesn't work right now. as in the past 2 pages or so are the author talking about him updating it. it's not all just a magic shiny button that does all the work for you...

14. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Updated first post for clarification :O

15. Xanathos

Xanathos Active Member

You know people are still going to post on how to get it working, right? =)

16. Kisovec

Kisovec New Member

it does not work for me!

(filler)

17. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I lol'd when I read that, then saw that someone said it's still not working for them. xD

Poor ski. I always check to see if your stuff is updated because I was using it two HB versions ago, and I liked it a lot. Now, I just check back now and then to see if anything's been posted. Thanks for the update on the first post. It's big, it's bright, and it's very easy to understand.

"No ETA on a working update at this time. The current skiWarlock does NOT work. This is known." -- Plain and simple.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    18. exfelon

exfelon Active Member

it's bright. unlike some of his users. :)

19. d0t1q

d0t1q Member

hmmm someone knows his websites well, lol
      I just go the same rotation from elites jerks aswell :p
      but its wrong lol that is just priority
      this is how the rotation should look

*Curse of Elements
      *Bane of Doom(if its a boss) ortherwise Bane of agony
      *Immolate
      *Corruption
      *Conflagrate
      *Chaos Bolt
      *Soul Burn > Soul Fire (if boss is over 80%) otherwise Just Soul Fire on the opener and then on the 3 time around, so it would be in the rotation soul fire > no soul fire> soul fire
      *Incinerate (Filler Until Conflagrate is back up)
      *Conflagrate once its cd is done
      *Immolate
      *Incinerate filler till coruption is done
      rinse repeat

main idea is to make sure that your dots are kept up like allways and incinerate filler
      I don't know why they put shawdow flame in there its useless doesnt really even do good damage
      to deal with adds use bane of havoc on 3 or more enemies to start off then use seed of corruption
      and to set off sod use shadow furry.

xanathos keep in mind that that what he posted was a priority not a rotation

20. ski

ski Well-Known Member

Right, the bot works off of priorities :p I don't hardcode rotations, rather each spellcast checks a set of conditions and chooses whichever is needed that is highest in the priority list.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.