• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Warlock] Demonic - An Advanced Honorbuddy Warlock Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by Millz, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Hi!

I'm back. Will be quiet over the next couple of days while I catch up with PM's and stuff. Website had corrupted some data which I've had to fix, and my PC's primary disk died, so today's been a bit of a nightmare so far. Will post back once I'm a bit more up to date.

2. Mpzor

Mpzor Member

Anyone that is currently pvping that can come with some tips? Thinking about settings and macros that you might use. Would be appreciated!

3. Nicotroll

Nicotroll New Member

Hello, I'm having a question about the ''burst mode'' in the genral tab.
      What exactly is Burst Mode ? Also, if we select automatically activate Burst Mode what will it do ?
      Also, if we disable this option and not set a Hotkey, will it never use this Burst Mode ?

Also, if you suggest to enable automatic burst mode, which settings would be best ?
      Also, I noticed in your guide that disabling RoF completly results in a DPS increase, is it right ?
      I currently have it selected to Use RoF on Single Target when Procs.

4. Awsome-In-The-Building!

Awsome-In-The-Building! New Member

Hi! This Rotation is amazing! But then something strange startet happending... :confused:

Ok, so 2 days ago i ran the rotation with Tyreal in Flex raids (It worked just fine), But now it wont even attack!... :mad:
      Been trying all day long to figure out whats wrong. And when i press Class config, it gives me an error saying "Honorbuddy has encountered a problem... Value of '340' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name Value." I have no clue on what is wrong! Please help me out! :(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    5. amputations

amputations Active Member

6. jmas2k4

jmas2k4 New Member

hey millz is there a way to have it not shadowburn targets that do not give embers or ones that do not actually die for instance the green creates on spoils.

7. ElusionPDX

ElusionPDX New Member

well the issue i tend to notice, is that it shadowburns into Immunity effects, such as bubble, Dark Bargain, deterrence, etc. it also fears into DK's with lichborne, and immune targets, which becomes a large waste of damage.

8. amputations

I thought he fixed the Shadowburn-issue on immune targets a while back, people even linked the npc-id's for those mobs I believe.

9. Nopejpg

Nopejpg New Member

Soo.. got alright gear, hitcapped (affliction).
      It managed to do a steady 70k dps on Galakras in LFR.
      Using the default Raid profile.
      ..what?

10. amputations

Good for you I guess, or was there anything else you forgot to add? 0_o

11. Nopejpg

Nopejpg New Member

It's fucking terrible. That's what I wanted to add I guess. Something has got to be wrong..?

12. Frayman

Frayman Member Legendary

Two questions come to mind, premium version? Yes?

Did you load the aura list, that will definately be a possible problem

Hope this helps man.

13. getmunch

getmunch New Member

I reccomend using destruction at lower ilevels if you want to do decent damage. Also we know nothing about your toon exept that its a hit capped affliction lock.......dont tell us much......whats ilvl?

14. ElusionPDX

ElusionPDX New Member

on players i mean

15. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Seems that the routine is using Rain of Fire, even though I have all RoF options disabled. I have the "High AoE count" set to 6 also. Any reason why it's using RoF on single and double targets? o_O

I'm grinding Black Prince rep right now on Isle of Thunder and it seems to be RoF'ing the warriors and other mobs, even when they're being attacked as single targets.

16. Kink

Kink Member

It's a DPS increase to Rain of Fire when there are 2 or more targets in range, especially if those targets have Immolate as the damage is amplified (Toggling off AoE Mode will disable this). As far as Rain of Fire on strictly single target, that shouldn't be happening (Unless it was casted while there were 2 targets alive).

17. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I've been reading through this thread, and some things off the thread, that say that RoF isn't a DPS increase at all. Now I'm confused. I won't say that I know anything about warlocks and their mechanics, because I'd be lying if I did, so I generally trust what I read in the thread. There are some saying RoF is a DPS loss, and some saying it's a DPS increase. I don't know which to follow. I did notice that when I toggle AoE off, even with all the RoF options unchecked, it doesn't RoF anything. I followed a guide someone posted on how to set up the routine and HB/Tyrael and that netted me a big DPS increase. At iLevel 509, in Destruction spec, I maxed out at 178k DPS. My Chaos Bolts were landing for between 1.2 and 1.6 million damage each. So, right now, I'm happy with the way it's running. At least, until I get the RoF facts sorted.

18. Sk1vvy

Sk1vvy Member

Rain of Fire not a dps increase only in 1 target. 2 targets - if RoF damage all time (around 3 sec). 3+ - always.

19. Millz

Thanks, some nice ideas, I've added some to my list. Some questions back for the others...

1) Changing pet on the fly is a nice idea, but I'm not really sure how to implement this in a nice way thats easy to control since there's more than 2 options (i.e. cant just toggle on and off).
      2) CS has a random delay on when to cast. If it's not working at all then that's a pretty major issue, but it's designed to not cast perfect so that it doesn't get you reported for botting.
      3) Fake casting isn't built in, as a DPS we can nearly always cast. It does cancel cast on incoming silences. If it's cancelling for no reason then it's a bug.
      4) The PvP setting for curses is probably more what you're after, but I'll add in exhaustion on melee as an option.

The soul swapping individual dots stuff is a bug that I know of.

It's PvE and PvP. I actually PvP more than I PvE at the moment. Certain elements of code enables and disables depending on your target (player/NPC) and zone (BG/arena, PvE zone).

The way the hotkeys are implemented is a bit poor. I'll try to explain what's happening.

The toggle keys are done on event, i.e. when the key combo is pressed, it instantly triggers an event which calls the piece of code behind it. It's not checking for the key combo constantly, it only activates once that combo is pressed.

The ability hotkeys are checked every time the routine enters the code loop. This is because of a limitation with honorbuddy's hotkey system. Hopefully it'll be getting changed, we keep pestering raphus :)

Since it's only checking every time it enters the code loop, it's easier to press and hold the key combo for a short while to ensure it's picked up when it passes that piece of code. You can generally get a better effect by enabling manual cast detection, and creating a /stopcasting /cast fear style macro in game, then it'll pause the routine for ~300ms (or whatever it's set at) while you get your cast off.

A PC restart will probably fix that.

Delete the file <Honorbuddy>/Settings/Demonic/Settings.xml

...Or open it and find the line that says 340 (next to ChaosBoltValue) and change that to 3

Cheers

20. Millz

There are a load of units blacklisted, but if you can get the wowhead NPC link for the unit then I can check it out.

It shouldn't be casting on any immune units. It checks the auras every time right before casting.

Can you post a log file (and a masked armory link) please?