• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Warlock] Demonic - An Advanced Honorbuddy Warlock Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by Millz, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dowerz

dowerz New Member

I would agree that wasting or sitting on them can be an impact, but this is more about giving the experienced higher rated players more options. If you watch the videos of any high SP or comps who play with them the burst and swaps are all dependant on when the SP gets 3 orbs. its constantly being called out or them holding cd's, and cc for when 3 orbs are up. having the ability to cast the DP yourself i think makes it better.

2. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

How does this handle Warlocks pre-90?

3. getmunch

getmunch New Member

Does good....go demo its nice for leveling and a fun spec overall......not tjat it maters cause you botting lol

4. Gazzooks

Gazzooks Member

I've leveled 2 locks (Destro Spec). never had any issues and I use it now for raiding.

5. superfula

superfula New Member

Hmmm.

yet...

What we can tell from the logs is that Mythic-geared Affliction Warlocks are the top damage dealers for short, single-target fights. That is EXTREMELY situational.

6. FaceRollFTW

FaceRollFTW New Member

Maybe a pvp mode setting, then use the burst hot key to trigger that condition.
      That way it is not affecting normal usage.

Just my .02

7. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I'm just going to throw my own little observations in, and I'm going to throw some monkey wrenches in with them.

I am dual specced in Destruction and Affliction. I am in ilvl 564 gear, nothing Mythic (mixture of LFR/Flex/Heroic T16 pieces). I have my legendary meta and cloak, and I have the Heroic Hellscream's Warstaff heirloom weapon. My gear has always been obtained with the loot specialization set to Destruction, and I'm gemmed and enchanted for Destruction. However, I notice that when switching to Affliction I average ~14.5k DPS for single target fights (AoE in Affliction is not good right now). However, in AoE fights, with Destruction, I get more DPS than Affliction, but that's because Affliction is lacking in AoE DPS support. Again, after looking back over everything, I feel that Affliction is top damage out of all the specs right now, sadly. It's only my opinion, but I much prefer Destruction because I like to rain down the AoE fiery doom, but with Affliction I have to stick to one single target to get good damage. And, yes, overall Affliction has the better DPS/Overall damage it seems. Just keep in m ind that I have nothing to back this up as I never parse or log in the log sites simply because I'm not in Mythic gear and content. But, this is just my own personal observations from playing all three specs.

8. nilrem2004

nilrem2004 New Member

Yes Destro has the most OP AoE so for mythic fights like immerseus, galakras,spoils,garrosh it will win, though demo is also very good on garrosh :D
      The thing with affliction and why it wins in shorter fights is shards, we start the fight with 4 shards while other specs have to build up their energy. As affliction has poor shard generation damage falls off on longer fights. Also on 3 targets multidotting Affliction is the king since Destro gives enough embers back only on more than 4 targets. In WoD since fight durations will drastically increase affliction will fall down. What you see in simcraft right now are simulations on fights of 6-9 minutes. Affliction has nothing to offer on those fights untill we can have proper shard generation, maybe with t17 bonuses. The amount of damage that we all do right now pre-wod is totally irrelevant since all is going to change. Demo is weakest right now since the overnerf but that sould be hotfixed soon and then we will have a second "go to" spec for those who like Demo like me.

9. ScornedScar

ScornedScar New Member

Are any combat routines these days being updated? Or am I stuck using singular for everything?

10. JerrytheWood

JerrytheWood New Member

like to know if the Demonic Free is going to be updated soon ty

11. zeldrak

You're stuck using Singular. Sorry. :(
      It's not going to be updated until after WoD is released, and it may be a bit after that.

12. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Premium versions are being updated frequently, the free ones will be updated once the level 100 talents are available and have been coded in.

13. PlanB

PlanB Member

This CR works perfect. I am doing with my 535 WL about 10k-11k DPS.

The only think i didnt find yet ist where to stop the CR using Soulstone, i think i am just blind for finding this Option :D

PS: One Problem i detected at my last Raid 2 Days ago, if i change the specc to affliction and changed the setting in HB too, the Bot is doing nothing. Had to restart HB and then it works. Just for Information (maybe its a HB Problem)

14. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Soulstone is done via hotkeys. If it's spam using it then try restarting your PC.

You need to restart HB when you change spec :)

15. PlanB

PlanB Member

Problem solved ^^

Cant say "spamming" if a DPS dies and 5 secs later the tank, i want to pick up the tank, but Demonic was a bit faster with pickin up the DPS.
      Have to check the Hotkeys.

Edit: I think u mean this with spamming :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    16. Cere21

Cere21 New Member

His point is that Demonic will not automatically soulstone a raid member at all unless you press the hotkey (CTRL + Z by default).

17. getmunch

getmunch New Member

Also note there was a recent change to battle rez mechanic. If some one else uses a rez your soulstone goes on cool down. Cool downs are different depending on raid size.

18. PlanB

PlanB Member

Ok, i always saw my SS on cd. Then it´s this problem.

19. icool

icool Member

Anyone else having a problem that this cr tries to attack everything, even allies/corpses?

20. zeldrak

Not I. But, then again, I don't use the "Force Combat" option. Also, if you're not using that, then attach a log file with your bug report. Don't edit it. Just attach it.