• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Warlock] Demonic - An Advanced Honorbuddy Warlock Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by Millz, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Crzypuffin

Crzypuffin Member

So i'm having a weird bug... So I started as affliction did a run on the test dummie, than I stop the bot and then switched to demonology and start the bot again.. When I went to attack the dummie it keep spamming affliction spells and completely F'ing up the rotation. Same thing as if I was demonlogy and then went to affliction. Does this with destruction. It'll just spamming immolate because it thinks it's corruption.

Here: View attachment 888 2013-08-17 14.33.txt

2. Sk1vvy

Sk1vvy Member

Please reload HB after each spec change.

3. xLegendx

xLegendx Active Member

Seems like a lot of updates have been made.

How does the Affliction routine work for PvP?
      The Routine seems very... PvE heavy lol

I'm not sure what the routine does but, if grounding/spell reflect is up I hope it stop casts, fel flame to get rid of it.
      Or if they bubble mid cast, or whatever it may be.

As destro... nothing is worse than wasting a chaos bolt :(

4. Deathshiver

Deathshiver Member

When running the routine with an AFK bot base such as questing, it uses Hellfire / Immolation Aura when enough units are in combat but not necessarily within range. What ends up happening is that only one or sometimes no units are hit.

Also, if combat ends with Metamorphosis activated, it remains on until the next combat which can waste an entire bar of demonic fury. Can metamorphosis be canceled when combat ends?

5. jack1010

jack1010 Member

This routine is really pve heavy did a couple of battle grounds and seemed to freeze up or do low damage with elite most of the games i took over by hand heres one from an av

Attached Files:

• lock.txt
        File size:
        93.6 KB
        Views:
    6. Deathshiver

Deathshiver Member

Ran the routine in Tyrael, it tries to use Fel Flame in a single target scenario while moving WHILE in Metamorphosis -- which actually casts Void Ray. I don't think it was intended to spam Void Ray on a boss, since you could just Demonic Slash while moving. This was without KJC specced.

Void Ray normally should only be used in an AoE Metamorphosis situation to refresh many corruptions at once, since spending the GCDs to refresh each individually would be a DPS loss. There's not really many reasons outside of that to use it.

Also, the routine continues to execute a full damage rotation even if your target is banished.

7. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Yep, it will (should..) cancel the current cast if the target has an immunity aura, damage breaking crowd control, or spell reflect etc. It'll also log this out to the screen in the chat window to tell you that it's happened.

I'll get these fixed, thanks for the report.

Which settings did you use? You really need to configure them all manually rather than just loading up the defaults for optimum performance.

I'm aware of a nasty bug with pets and command demon which causes some minor pausing, but I'm struggling to work out whats causing it. Next step is to re-code that whole chunk of code. There's some stuff I'm going to change with the curses/twilight ward etc too.

Here's one set of events from your log file..

[19:27:03.903 N] [Demonic] [Casting: Banish] [On: Lvl 90 Horde Mage's pet]
      [19:27:08.316 N] [Demonic] [Casting: Fear] [On: Lvl 90 Horde Shaman]
      [19:27:08.441 N] [Demonic] Someone tried to interupt us using Counterspell, cancelling our cast!
      [19:27:09.497 N] [Demonic] [Casting: Optical Blast] [On: Lvl 90 Horde Shaman]
      [19:27:10.332 D] [Demonic ~ Debug] Deep Freeze -> Using an available defensive cooldown!

I'm pretty sure they're not PvE abilities....

Thanks, I know whats causing these, will fix them today.

8. jack1010

jack1010 Member

Hello millz yea Thats after I went in and changed every option to what I see fit it was still a little slugish wasnt using frame lock or anything tuanhas richies dont have a problem with it stop casting but this cr it dose =p I tested it in raid and it works fine but for pvp it is slugish <3+

9. Millz

Demonic is coded for framelock to be active, that's probably why it's being sluggish. Enable it and try again.

10. Millz

[18/Aug/2013]
      - Fixed casting when target has a do not damage aura.
      - [Demonology] Fel Flame will no longer cast incorrectly in Demon form.
      - [Demonology] Will now cancel metamorphosis form when out of combat.
      - [Demonology] Reduced unit count range down for Hellfire/Immolation Aura.

How's that for service at 6am on a Sunday morning :p

11. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

So just did some more testing on destro after getting geared up a little. My lock is now 499 ilvl and sustaining 111k dps on the raiding dummy. =)

12. Millz

[18/Aug/2013 - Update #2]
      - [Destruction] If target is LoS or has do not damage aura, and AoE enabled, attack targets in LoS.
      - [Demonology] If target is LoS or has do not damage aura, and AoE enabled, attack targets in LoS.

13. Deathshiver

Deathshiver Member

Nice work! Glad to see those fixed.

I'm curious if you can look into something, maybe you'll understand why it's happening. I've noticed when I'm running questing with Demonic, it sometimes has some trouble with gossip windows (when you talk to an NPC for quest or other). The window keeps repeatedly opening and closing (I assume this to be because we rapidly interact with the target) and does it so quickly that the quest bot can't interact unless it gets lucky and hits a gossip option fast enough. Accepting or turning in a quest requires two windows, which takes even longer for the bot to eventually get lucky with.

The interesting part is that when I switch the combat routine to Singular, the problem completely stops -- but when I change back to Demonic, the problem is there again. I've temporarily worked around it by using an in-game addon that accepts and completes quests faster than even Honorbuddy, but it's just a workaround.

I'm hoping you might be able to venture a guess as to what's causing it.

14. Millz

That's really odd, I would have said it sounds like the bot thats doing it, but if Singular is fine then I'm a bit confused. There's no code in there specifically to clear friendly/NPC targets. Can you post a log file please?

I'll set a toon off questing in the mean time and try to see whats going on.

*Edit* Been questing for about an hour now and can't see any issues? I'm using the release version of HB - not the beta.

15. Saif

Saif Member

This happens to me quite a lot with bots other then lazyraider and tyreal. I would suggest changing to one of those bots to not have this trouble. For some reason combat bot hates to talk to npc's. Hope that fixes your problem.

16. Tappedout

Tappedout New Member

One final suggestion. On Twin Consorts it is counting the Ice Comet as a mob and causes aoe rotation if you have it to aoe count 2. Can you blacklist the ice comet?

17. Millz

This guy; Ice Comet - NPC - World of Warcraft ?

18. Hirobo

Hirobo New Member

So the CC plays destruction like a professional, however it seems to fail utterly at demonology. I see here that people are saying you must purchase the premium version of the CC in order to use Demo. Being sort of new to botting, i was just curious how would i go about obtaining the premium version and how much does it cost?

19. Tappedout

Tappedout New Member

20. Hirobo

Hirobo New Member

Ok, got my premium, just did my frist test and I gotta say its a lot better than the free version. although i had a thought. The opener is pretty poor, is there a way you could maybe use the opener that Sparkuggz uses? it seems to yield a MUCH higher opening burst. Just a thought, dnno if thats even possible. i dont have enough posts yet to post links, but if you just Youtube: Demonology Opener, it'll be the one by sparkuggz. with the 600k+ burst in the title. Also, maybe add in a feature that tracks trinket procs / activations so the CC will refresh dots? or possibly refresh dots (doom in particular) when Buffs are cast, such as Dark soul. Like i said, im no programmer, nor do i know what is even capable. Just my thoughts. thanks