• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • [PAID] [Warlock] Demonic - An Advanced Honorbuddy Warlock Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by Millz, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Attachment isn't working, but I think I know what the issue is anyway. I'll get it resolved.

I think SimulationCraft is giving bugged figures for Demonology to be perfectly honest. I can't see how that's the top DPS spec. If you code the routine exactly as their script says, it does terrible damage (like 20k dps less than my version does).

5.4 is going to mix everything up, and we're too close to the patch to worry about it now. From the patch notes, stuff I've heard etc, I think affliction is going to be a great spec again (and so it should be, DoTs are what defines a warlock!).

The core destruction rotation hasn't changed in a while (like... since I released it) - there's new little tricks in there like when your target goes out of LoS to attack something else until its back in LoS again, but this should all improve damage, not decrease it. I'll ask a blatently obvious question, but you haven't made changes to the settings in this time have you? On a target dummy, ilvl 507 @ 98k sustained actually sounds pretty good.

There is another trick I want to change with Destruction spec, but I highly doubt it'll make any difference. When I wrote Destruction spec originally I spent crazy amounts of hours tuning the stupidest little things and re-testing it over and over to try and get as much damage out of it as possible, so I'm very careful when changing anything in it now.

Burst mode for PvE - general rule of thumb, keep it disabled. I think I'm going to write a full set of documentation explaining the ins and outs of how things work.

I'll check it out tonight (and fix the drop down boxes). I'm having a day off the computer today, I've spent every hour im not working or asleep working on Demonic/Portal this week (i.e. at least 40 hrs).

2. TheKrazed

TheKrazed New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrazed View Post
      DPS testing just done. Self buffed, with no Terrorguard.
      Demo - 105k dps @ 175mill Damage. Burst topped @ 180k
      Destro - 122k dps @ 176mill Damage. Burst toppped @ 203k
      Will test affliction now. * Only ran my affliction for 5 minutes. Needless to say, with UVLS and Breath of Hydra it's not very good lol 75k dps @ 35mill Damage. Burst topped @ 125k
      So I think I will go back to Destro for a bit, at least until everything gets fkd up in 5.4 lol
      I think SimulationCraft is giving bugged figures for Demonology to be perfectly honest. I can't see how that's the top DPS spec. If you code the routine exactly as their script says, it does terrible damage (like 20k dps less than my version does).

5.4 is going to mix everything up, and we're too close to the patch to worry about it now. From the patch notes, stuff I've heard etc, I think affliction is going to be a great spec again (and so it should be, DoTs are what defines a warlock!).

ill stand by destro again lol

3. yungwang

yungwang New Member

I been having some issues where when I go into arena sometimes itll bug out or ill have to restart it after I go in. Is there certain thing I need to do for it when doing arena? Works great on dummy or BGs

4. Millz

What do you mean bugging out? Will need log files too (and as much info as you can provide). I use it in arenas all the time (as do many others) and haven't heard of this.

5. Tappedout

Tappedout New Member

I agree with pve rotation and waiting until 5.4 since everything is going to change. Only suggestion is working on Demo aoe. The reason I say this is it seems a bit bottish when you are 40 yds out and it begins to cast hellfire when the mobs aren't near you. Is there anyway to check if Mannoroth's Fury (even though i believe this is changing in the patch not to increase aoe range) or if targets within melee range cast immolation aura/hellfire? Demonology is complex and definitely has a bunch of if this happens do this etc etc.

Next question since you keep deciding to tease us lol. Is there any chance of doing a beta test with Portal?

6. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

Im going to have to agree with that. It cast hellfire when your not even in range lolz. Pretty bottish and thats why I use it manually when I do demo. But I like destro better lolz!

7. Millz

Thought I'd fixed that already, I'll get it resolved today.

Portal; Got a short to-do list left then it's ready. May have it finished today, but no promises. Next few days max.

8. kreljo555

kreljo555 New Member

is it possible for pvp demolocks to do hand of guldan/ chaos wave only in metamorphosis form since its best for bursting in that form

9. Millz

Sure. I'll add it shortly. Busy trying to fix an annoying bug with Portal at the minute.

*Edit* Added it for when burst mode is enabled.

10. kreljo555

kreljo555 New Member

thnx :D awesome CC mate keep up the good work

11. Millz

For those interested, Portal Premium is ready -> PM me for details.

12. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

Send me the info for premium portal mills plz. Thanks

Sent from my C5170 using TheBuddyForum mobile app

13. fragnot

fragnot Member

I could be interested in buying Portal. I also bought Demonic, love your work!

I guess you have the most optimal rotation fixed for mages? (Since you are offering premium) ?

Have you made any PvP tweaks to it yet?

14. Millz

They damn well better be the amount of time I've spent on them lol. Likely to need tweeks here and there (as does everything when it's first released), but they're performing well.

Yeah has PvP stuff in. I'll be posting a seperate thread shortly, just building the free version now.

15. Millz

16. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

Can we get a package deal? Like if we own demonic maybe a few dollars off portal? =)

17. Sucubich

Sucubich New Member

I also wish someone would make a druid cc!

18. Millz

Resto? Mirabis' Leaves is the best there is. For Feral take a look at Superbad.

Someone will probably make more routines for them in future, but it won't be me. 2 is enough for me to maintain.

19. Drizzt1990

Drizzt1990 New Member

yeah, I always wondered how tuanha can maintain so many

20. dyer678

dyer678 Member

Millz,

I have a request, if it wouldn't be too much of a hassel (more than a few minutes of work). Would it be possible to put a dropdown option for what pet you want for which spec? I normally switch specs during raid a couple times depending on the fight. So I close HB down and reload...and forget to switch the preferred pet.

Anyways, not a major thing, but would be cool to me.

With that said, can you PM me details on Portal Premium.

Cheers!