• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • what a mess this is.......GG blizz

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by chazz93, Nov 13, 2014.

1. DeeJay42

DeeJay42 New Member

+1 to this.
      Our company is offering could computing to clients as well. The idea is when a new product is rolled out you can start with X number of virtual machines and increase to X+Y over time. The value of this is that the company I work for already has many DCs around the world. By already having the infrastructure, we can 'lease' the processing power of the servers in it for a profit. For a small or growing business this is a fantastic concept, as its insanely expensive to have a data center.

If your business is large enough to need your own DCs, then its cheaper to build and host your own servers instead of leasing processing power from other providers. Blizzard is in this position.

The question is this ... could blizzard have effectively rented server power by deploying VM images in additional non-blizzard owned DCs? Could this have been integrated into their own network to allow seamless transfer between zones? I'm not familiar enough with their infrastructure to answer this -- but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to engineer it.

2. haxxus777

haxxus777 New Member

Stop crying trolls .... its simple ... make a new code for server-client tasks ..... blizzard dont make the problems .... its the technique

3. HB7149I36

HB7149I36 Member

I dont think blizzard failed, i think the lag is intended so that we cant bot! :)

4. kwhalek

kwhalek New Member

Sorry but I doubt they would even consider you for you "expertise" lol

5. adribuddy

adribuddy Member

the thing is simple, there is no one in the world who can guarentee stable servers for millions of connections as the launch had, beta of the shooter game needs servers too, developing the new sc exp, tons of ddos attacks affect hard, if anyone checked a ddos map the launch day they know what i mean. just patience guys as we have patience with the hb on patches. my 2 cents

6. Moboken

Moboken New Member

I agree with adribuddy to a small extent about a possible ddos attack. I doubt there was a ddos attack since an ACL on the border gateway router would take care of that. I myself believe Blizzards servers just weren’t set up to handle that mount of traffic. Blizzard has a subscription base of about 9 million and on launch day they should have figured 16-19 mill due to new content. They already knew how many people bought WOD pre purchase. With this in mind blizzard should have been prepared for this. Myself I have 5 90’s on 3 different servers and did not play on launch day due to the fking 240+ minute login wait time along with all servers being locked. I think 99% of the people will not create a new toon just to see wod in action, therefore you will only try to log into your own server where you have your toon ready to play with.

7. projektt

projektt Active Member

Or you could all go outside and get some fresh air. I like how your life revolves around WoW. It's a game walk away from it and come back.

8. happyfriet

happyfriet Active Member

How can Blizzard expect me to bot like this ?? 0.o

9. tomten2

tomten2 New Member

You literally paid for server access, nothing more, nothing less.
      You're getting in, arent you ? :p

10. basaradavid

basaradavid New Member

Honestly, im planning on going to college for graphics design and then putting an application in to blizzard. thats if i dont get caught botting before then. That wont look good on my application. but you can use your time playing blizzard games as "work experience"

11. sacoplastico

sacoplastico Member

Bro, do you even Amdahl's law?

Doubling the processing power does not mean doubling the capacity in terms of non-lagging connected players.

And how can you be so sure that Blizz's problem is processing power? Did you take a second to think that maybe the bandwidth is the bottleneck here? They have a gazillion servers all running at ther maximum power (number of connected players-wise) these days.

This works for you as it does for every other "Blizzard fucked up for the 5th time in a row"-closed minds here.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    12. thomas911

thomas911 Member

My login que is almost done now it almost took 20 hours on my realm...

13. GIVEMEANAME

GIVEMEANAME Active Member

its not all blizz btw, i was same until i learn the ddos attacks where real

Norse - IPViking Live -interactive maps of their servers getting demolished

14. wtfmofo

wtfmofo New Member

You know you are on a BOTTING forum right? A lot of people bot for money.

There is always someone posting "go outside" and shit. Unlike you a lot of us stopped playing this trash game years ago. Now its all about money. Sorry you are still addicted.

15. Lemmi

Lemmi New Member

they have already admited is a failure on their preparations and are doing hardware updates today/tomorrow (depending on timezone). and there was maybe 1 attack right after launch, everything else is on their end. God knows how they completely underestimated the number of players trying to play. admited through their twitters and forum posts, you can look that up on mmo champ tracker

16. jordi1104

jordi1104 New Member

You're crazy not for goldfarming but for writing that it makes no sense if you goldfarm.

17. wtfmofo

wtfmofo New Member

Not my fault you dont understand English.

18. zakkwylde

zakkwylde New Member

Logged on to a queue of ~2800 10 hours ago. Queue is now down to 400. Pity maintenance is in like 3 hours....well played Blizz you trolled us good :(

19. Proto

Proto New Member

20. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Queues have nothing to do with blizzard, was to be expected. The dcs you may be able to argue but to that end I've never dcd once.

I've lagged at times but that's about it.