• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Whats the best way to make gold in this economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by kev1br5, Jun 23, 2011.

?

How do you make your gold in this economy?

1. Mining

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Herbing

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Skinning

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. Playing the Auction House

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    5. Other

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. maxeldon1

maxeldon1 New Member

Fireflies, oozelings, dark whelps - the lot. Fireflies seems hottest on my server atm, running at 15-20k a pop. But remeber - it`s easy to flood the market and crash the prizes - so keep low numbers up.

2. huffdady

huffdady New Member

Fishing is, Fish for sealed crates at darkmoon faire, around 2k an hour

3. krusty123

krusty123 New Member

Been botting skinning for a long while now, made a lot of gold earlier but now I cant sell a shit. Are you selling savage leather or pristine hides? Whats the prices on your server?

4. pinki104

pinki104 Member

is it still worth making darkmoon cards or just better to sell herbs to ah ?

5. Hawkiz

Hawkiz Banned

@huffdady

how in gods name do you make 1-2k an hour?..
      i've fished there with the [N] darkmoon fishing profile - for 1 hour 11 mins 7 seconds to be exact..
      there's the stats:
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Equipping weapons
      AutoAngler[2.85]: In 0 days, 1 hours and 11 minutes we have caught
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Sealed Crate x41
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Oily Blackmouth x8
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Raw Rainbow Fin Albacore x12
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Firefin Snapper x2
      AutoAngler[2.85]: Waterlogged Crate x1

and with all the stuff i got from those, netted me around 1-1.5k
      here's the loot:
      73g from crates
      10g from trash (food etc.)
      858g 88s 6c (misc. herbs, ores, pots.. valueable foods and items)
      565g from embersilk cloth (10 stacks in 1 hour, not that bad)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    6. tanro

tanro New Member

I make good money from :

Netherweave bags (Don't bot these just by cloth from AH for 2-6g a stack, sell bags for 6-15g each, average 30-40 bags /day)
      Embersilk Bags - Dusts are so dirt chip you can actually make 30-70g a bag now.
      Disenchant (Use Auctioneer Disenchant search, buy out everything that sells good, one of the vanilla dusts doesn't sell very good don't use those items)
      Blue gems - Mainly red cuts, but blue stam gems and pvp cuts work good too.
      Meta Gems
      Limited Supply routes. I bot these mostly, I wont give them away but you can get creative and make your own if your a greed goblin.
      Fish Feasts
      Flasks

It helps to have max levels in all the crafting professions if your only botting one or two accounts. You can make more gold than you will ever spend unless you buy lots of rare mounts and epics and such.

7. BrunoMC

BrunoMC New Member

I'm gonna try and roll herb. Kind of gave out on Jewelcrafting, it's too slow for me. I didn't have a single good receipt

8. Vladdan

Vladdan New Member

Now then? Mop release soon. Shuffling don't sell so good anymore. Same with mining,herb. Any ideas how to make gold now?

9. Vladdan

Vladdan New Member

10. BrunoMC

BrunoMC New Member

Stacking up on pets.

11. Vladdan

Vladdan New Member

Well i need gold right now, Not when mOp is out.

12. popo009

popo009 New Member

I am playng on a "dead" server with really low population. I literally cant even sell 10 stacks of herbs in a day, so what options do I have? Any tips what I should try to do? Really need to get some gold for MoP.

13. jdizzy2010

jdizzy2010 New Member

its not even worth selling herbs and ore now. i have inscription/jc/enchanter. I put everything in the guild bank and break it all down. i make jc rings and ammys to de and use enchanting to make enchants to put on the ah. i make tons of those mystery cards that have a chance to give a lot of gold and sell stack of 5 for 29g. so much work to break it all down, but i think its more gold then selling raw mats

14. maarrkk

maarrkk New Member

Gold is not easy to make gold in this king of tough economy. It takes a lot of time ,money and effort. But the best way to make gold is skinning+mining which is i wold say a money maker. So try this one.

15. Herola14

Herola14 New Member

Inscription is nice...not much to do just buy tons of herbs, mill the herbs and make ink then put on AH and make big profit :D

16. Reviir

Reviir Active Member Buddy Store Developer

There is ways to do it trust me I will post some of my pm's from people using omation later when I get to pc but people are still able to make a killing on a daily basis

Wtf I'm sorry for necro.... Came up on tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    17. codexjones

codexjones New Member

Something really worthwhile comes to mind when you're on a server with people that fail to differentiate between their asses and holes in the ground: control the AH.

Diamonds are so expensive in real life, because the supply is suppressed to generate an artificial demand of sorts and thus higher prices. You can do the same in the AH, set a reasonable price, buy everybody out that falls below that price, you can't sweep the entire AH that way else you'll raise suspicion (not to mention it'd take a maxed-out gu1ld b4nk on most servers), but pick a few items you feel you can control the supply of, and you'll pull down between 5 and 10k per day per server. That's how I used to operate during the pir0x-era, I did a lot of gathering, but I locked down a few servers' favorites, and I had two maxed gu1ld b4nks and a few 100k on several accounts. I'll hopefully get better momentum in my h0n0rbuddy-era once I get pro on this thing.

Another aspect to consider is the existing supply on the server in question. If high-end gathering mats are down to silver on the stack and available by the thousands, focus on production professions like alchemy, inscription as Herola stated, leatherwork, blacksmithing and the like. It's all about adapting to what is already there.

And in advance, I know some of what I just stated... some people consider a semblance of a well-guarded secret... sorry but I'm not wired that way.

18. El zahavi

El zahavi New Member

Find a buyer on Ownedcore - thats how i do :)

Try with herbing and scribing - Just sell the starlight inks to a private buyer and make enchants =)

19. monstaslaya

monstaslaya New Member

herbing+occasional reselling+ creating a DMC every day and hoping to sell it.

20. jenblen

jenblen New Member

I make my gold using multiple professions. gather herbs and then check the market if the herbs are selling good I sell them the way they are and I never flood the AH using private buyers is much safer but sometimes they are hard to find. If the herbs aren't selling I mill them and check the price of starlight ink i sell some of the ink as is and then use some of the ink to make shoulder enchants. I also mine. I usually just turn the ore into bars and sell those. I make around 20 to 30k per day buy doing this. I also have a tailor so any cloth I get i turn into bolts and sell those. Tip do not ever flood AH if you are selling primarily on the ah sell a few stacks on one toon sell a few on another etc. Change it up every now and then meaning turn your ore herbs or whatever into something else. When people flood the AH of one thing it brings the price of everything down. Plus dont be afraid of selling lower than everyone else im not saying undercut the hell out of everyone but come on we are all botters its easy as hell to get our matts so find out what the average price is and even if things go up stick to that average price it will sell fast. Hope this helps and if anyone thinks my method is bad let me know id love to find ways to make more