• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Panda Profiles
  • Visit LLamamMagic
  • Who wants a new bot base?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by fpsware, Feb 26, 2014.

?

HAS ANYONE SMOOKED WEED DURING GAMING TIME???

1. NEVER!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. ONCE WITH A MATE!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. WITH MY EX!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. BACK IN MY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS!

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Multiple votes are allowed.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Aaron6611

Aaron6611 Member

It got patched with the last update like a week ago

2. Dreadlord

Dreadlord New Member

As far as BG goes, HB is trying to stray from that path since Blizzard fan boys take offensively to BG / Arena or PVP in general. While it would be great to have that feature fixed I don't mind it not working. Let's face it the feeling of slaying someone whose got a better geared toon is just badass!

PS: Tuanha's CR's work pretty good so if you're really crying over this go give it a try, don't take my word for it he's a legit guy if you don't like it there's no commitment just tell him and he'll refund you.

3. KabbzCast

KabbzCast New Member

So basically it still sucks. As I said.

4. Aaron6611

Aaron6611 Member

Works great for me leveled 20 characters via raf with it in the last week 100% AFK :)

5. KabbzCast

KabbzCast New Member

Put it on solo with random teams and watch it. It does retarded shit and gets stuck a lot. Just because in the end it actually does 'get through' it doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

6. Aaron6611

Aaron6611 Member

You are not really supposed to use it solo its design for running your own groups... :| If you are using it on a single character you are asking to be banned.

7. yepuhuh

yepuhuh New Member

Right on the button.

8. thedon19

thedon19 Member

Battlegrounds for sure. For a bot that is named for Battlegrounds, it doesn't do a great job these days...

9. Dreadlord

Dreadlord New Member

The BG issue has never been really a bot base issue, if you've ever tried to use Tuanha's profile for BGbuddy you'd know the difference.

10. Lotzadots

Lotzadots Member

*Cough, BGFarmer, Cough*

11. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

so, basically you're asking what closed source product the community wants, where profit can be made.

i don't know how to say, but i have lost all trust in your actions by now.
      no personal offense, don't get me wrong. I just terribly dislike the idea of jumping on the closed source train.

On the other hand its your business, and who am i to judge your actions? You surely have reasons.

Nevertheless, i think the buddyforum is the wrong place to ask/talk/host closed source software.
      You're indirectly advertising closed source stuff which is against the rules if i'm not wrong.

Thats my 2 cents.
      I liked your morals back in the days.

12. fpsware

fpsware Community Developer

First of all I'm not advertising any paid product, I am simply amending this thread to include the POSSIBILITY that my future products will be paid closed source. To the moderator who took it upon themselves to remove my post I also direct this statement at you.

Secondly, and more importantly, how would undertaking such actions negatively impact my morals?! Let's review the definition of "morals":

View attachment 121611

In regards to every definition provided above none of my actions or considered future actions are considered immoral, nor in any way, shape or form show moral ambiguity.

Before my post was unjustly censored I clearly stated the reasons why I was CONSIDERING such actions. So, in an attempt to avoid further provoking the wrath of the forum gods I will refrain from repeating myself. But, as you clearly read my previous post you are aware of my reasons.

13. Mr_Pibb

Mr_Pibb New Member

Ok, here are my thoughts:

Questbot works great, you can solo 1-90 AFK. If any problems appear, thats because of profile issues or game bugs. We do not need anything new for questing, because the weak point are the profiles. Not exactly the profiles, its because blizz sometimes changes quests around and the profiles are not 100% up to date.

Any other quest bot would have the exact same problems! So a new questbot would not change that!!!

I leveled 10 toons 1-90 with questing, 95% AFK. No ban.

Gathering: Why would we need another botbase for that? There are a few and they all work and are not detected or anything. You cannot gather faster with another botbase. You cannot gather safer with another botbase.
      Ofc you need some plugins to avoid other players, because the bans happen because of reports by other players or gathering too much or flooding the ah. If noone sees you gathering, noone will report you. If you don`t gather 24/7 and spam the ah nothing will happen. So we don`t need that, because it would not solve any of these problems.

RAF:
      Yes that would be nice. But I think that could be solved with an plugin. I already explained my Idea a while ago.
      All chars run the same questing profile. Everytime a quest gets turned it, the plugin pauses the bot before finishing to turn in the quest and waits untill all party members are doing the same. That way all partymembers would always meet at the quest turn in and gain the XP bonus. Because they are all starting the quest at the same time, they will be in range of eachother 90% of the time. For that both bots need to communicate with eachother. It qould be awesome if that cold be done eaven if both bots are running on different computes.
      Not like on botanists raf dungeon profiles where the booster just waits untill everyone is in range, no it sould be done using a real connection between the bot computers and both really communicating with eachoter.

There is one problem with the avalible RAF solutions: If one party member takes a flightpath, its messed up.
      If one partymember loots an questitem and turns it in, while the other one didn`t loot the item yet, its messed up.

In my oppinion the most important bot atm

Battlegrounds The BGbuddy is a ban catcher, because the bot acts totally stupid, the paths are not random at all, I personally can detect 9 of 10 Bots before the bg begins. ATM it is a absolutely wothless piece of shit

The Profiles for the Bgs are crap and cannot be changed! I would love to have a BG Bot where users can create custom Profiles and have an option to randomly load up these profiles.

BGS are flooded with bots and all do the same shit all the time. If Blizz wants to bann bots, this is the fastest way to start a banwave! Just take some GMs, explain them 10 minutes how to detect a bot in a BG and they can ban hundrets of bots in 1h each! And because of what? Because of the stupid BGBuddy

BUT I am strictly against an arena bot.

Why? For the same reason HB didn`t release an arena bot. That would influence the gameplay for other players too much and would enormously piss off blizz. And the reaction would be a much heavier ban behavior. Because atm they kind of tolerate bots. Ok they ban them of course, but not as much as they could do if they wanted to. If they would employ me, I could easylie detect 100 Bots a day on my realm.... They also can, but since they also pay for their gametime they don`t ban unless they get reported or they just ban some to pretend they are doing something against bots.

But an arena bot would piss so many arena players off, that blizz has to react real hard and start an real offensive against botting.
      A lot of players report bots atm.

There are already bans of main accounts just using combat routines in arena and not using any other bots. Arena players take that very serious. So please never make a bot like that, it will destroy botting!

-And hell yeah, if you want money for it, I am willing to pay it. I already invested in UltimatePvP suite qith the hope to make bgbuddy better by using it. And yes, it helped but it does not solve the major problems of bgbuddy. I have so many toons I would love to do pvp with but there is no way of collecting honor without the extremely hight risk of getting banned.

14. Eitron

Eitron New Member

RAF questing full afk!

15. ULTIMATE-SEVEN

ULTIMATE-SEVEN Member

16. Stormchasing

Stormchasing Community Developer

DB is working fantastic since two weeks
      capped 6 different toons/roles two weeks in a row now with Dungeonbuddy
      i did:
      - all LFRs
      - most of the heroic dungeons

so maybe a problem with your setup

17. bambam922

bambam922 Well-Known Member Moderator

Unjustly censored is not the right phrase. You are aware of how we do things and if you are stating "I'm going to charge X for Y because of Z," it will get removed.
      Trust me, I understand your reasoning.

Now in regards to the topic at hand, I don't think you should be asking for yet another project to work on when you have numerous other commitments/other projects in development.
      You created lots of hype for Farmer Joe months ago and we've yet to see a release and I know present development is slowed because of your recent bans.
      Your RAFbot looks great.

EDIT: Also everyone should keep in mind that a botbase made for Arenas will be removed.

18. ULTIMATE-SEVEN

ULTIMATE-SEVEN Member

Eclipse is a nice bot but doesnt do what i need (working blacklist zone, mobs)

19. Xarian

Xarian Member

Why?

Im sorry, i simply cannot understand the policies around here. Let me just get this straight(ive been here for 4 years now)

Thebuddyteam creates bot, includes api
      Thebuddyteam realises after the release of HB and HB2(when questing was implemented) that the api is too difficult to use for normal consumers
      Thebuddyteam realises that they need to provide a solid questing profile for the consumers, they start to pay community developers to do work for them(dont even try to deny this, i know this for a fact)
      Thebuddyteam for some reason lets off kick, its now only a question of time before many users will have subpar questing experience

Now in the mist of all this, we have many other community developers building on top of what the bot is already lacking. And you straight up deny them ANY chance to get something in return for their work, except for the ones you "secretly" hire, obviously. I am in no way suggesting that pay to use plugins and profiles is good for the community, but atleast accepting donations should be allowed.

You would not have issues with people wanting payment for their work, if thebuddyteam shaped up and actually fixed AND listened to community feedback, this thread is already a super good example of whats lacking and what people want. Thebuddyteam is doing the complete opposite, for how long can you expect the community to make up for the teams missmanagement, with nothing in return?

20. eXtOphius

eXtOphius Member

What I'd like to see happen:

• - Buddy Team hires FPSWare
        - FPSWare gets paid to release Farmer Joe and the new RAF botbase
        - GB2 gets removed as the default farming not
        - Hype threads asking for donations for months on end are not made
      Personally, I don't really care who does what around here as long as I can use what I need. That being said, I have always felt if a user created project is better functioning than a default HB product, the Buddy Team absorb that project and pay the developer to continue the work. Farmer Joe looked like it had that potential.

If you want to get paid for your work, then say so and stop giving a shit what others think about you. I'm just tired of seeing unfinished projects and hype threads.

Cheers,
      XtO

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.